Leggy beans
JJB Offline
Moonraker
True to usual form I sowed my CFBs too early and by the time I got to plant them they were probably a metre long and pot bound.   Now tell me, do you untwine the tangle of beans and plant up, encouraging the long tentacle up a pole, or do you trim the tentacle letting the plant shoot from the bottom.

Also, if pot bound,  do you tease out the roots before planting or not?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 

SarrissUK Offline
Wow, if they ever get that tall for me, I lay them out with the pot where I want to plant them and just bung them in, then string something over them and kinda hang them over it. I don't cut them Smile

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I did indeed untangle this years cfb and trained them up a pole, clipped the up canes carefully using the gardeners green clippy peg like doodahs

One year after I had planted all the required cfb I had some Lidl ones over. They were so tangled there was no hope of separating them. I can't bear to bin plants unless absolutely necessary, so found some sticks and trimmed the beans down and told them they had two chances, grow or die. I had the most wonderful crop of late beans. I suppose it is just another form of successional 'sowing'. Note to self 'do not get too enthusiastic about sowing beans'. I never listen though. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club