2020 - Tell us what you did today
doublyjonah Offline
Visited the allotment in the light rain while the baby slept in the pushchair. Nice and relaxing to know I wouldn't be digging or planting or baking in the sun out there. Deadheaded some calendula and picked three strawberries. Baby happily consumed said berries in the afternoon.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday was mostly cooking lots of meat from the freezer that decided working was beneath it  Angry .
Also managed to put up some wind break ready for the strong winds that are due at the weekend.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Not a lot doing today working from home looking out at the rain. The garden needs it badly but the down side will be all the weeds will grow also.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Windy day so planting out cfb not an option, so cleared a small bed just outside gh full of last years parsley going to seed and planted 3 cherry tomatoes up against the glass. Mixed some compost and rotted horse manure to plant them in. Armpitted and tied in. Then OH was having trouble with garage door lock. He'd taken it to bits and was having difficulty getting it back together so helped out there. Saw the forecast was for a cool night so put anything tender on floor of gh, anything planted will have to take a chance.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
Not much but I did plant out the last 8 rainbow Chard plants, and re homed more nasturtiums.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Neffa Offline
Changed the beds, cleaned the shopping delivery, two loads of washing

Oh you mean in the garden? Secured bottle cloche over cucumber.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neffa's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
It's wet out so I've been in the GH sowing Lambs lettuce, Mizuna and Bulb fennel.

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I sowed red onion seeds, white onion seeds, leek seeds, beetroot seeds.
Then I netted my beetroot in the garden they have been attacked by birds I’m down to 9 plants now so more seeds planted. Then I noticed my more matured onions have been attacked also so I needed to net them as well

Broadway Offline
(06-06-2020, 08:37 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I sowed red onion seeds, white onion seeds, leek seeds, beetroot seeds.
Then I netted my beetroot in the garden they have been attacked by birds I’m down to 9 plants now so more seeds planted. Then I noticed my more matured onions have been attacked also so I needed to net them as well
Morning CTM

I always thought onions were sown late/eary in the year, so can you effectiverly sow/grow them for most of the year?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(07-06-2020, 06:59 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 08:37 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I sowed red onion seeds, white onion seeds, leek seeds, beetroot seeds.
Morning CTM

I always thought onions were sown late/eary in the year, so can you effectiverly sow/grow them for most of the year?
Hi Danny, with the poly tunnel I’m experimenting I don’t see any reason why they can’t be grown any time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway