2020 - Tell us what you did today
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cut down the sweet pepper plants and hung them up hopefully they’ll ripen and won’t get mice, vole or slug attacks up there. Not had 1 ripe pepper this year and the plants have produced loads!
Made seed envelopes ready for the swap.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Did some weeding/clearing on Bed 3C if you can remember that far back. Wink Pulled up lots of Lemon balm that is galloping everywhere - smells delicious which is why I have difficulty pulling it up.
The pups were busy digging a hole, working side by side when along came a chicken and barged its way in between them to see what they'd found. They have no fear of these great hairy brutes!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Evening all. An eventful day today for me.. Had a scan at hospital to see if I had a second kidney stone in my other kidney. Good news is I haven't. Cool Bad news is I have gall stones instead. Rolleyes
Isn't it strange that when you reach retirement and you have more time on your hands, your body starts letting you down so you can't  enjoy it.
Still,I'm still reasonably fit and a lot better off than some others my age. Big Grin

Looking forward to some time at allotment tomorrow. Even though I champion no-dig, I actually enjoy digging when I have to .I want to get more onion sets into the ground before the heavy frosts arrive. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Went to work. Saw the first patient on ward round. Realised I felt a bit clammy and shaky so checked my temperature: 37.9 C. Swabbed myself and came home again. Thus went my day.

Not good timing with how busy it is right now. Hopefully my swab will be negative and I can be back in work in a day or two.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Hope you're OK Proserpina. x
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Fingers crossed Proserpina
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Best wishes Proserpina.

First chance to get out in the garden - tied in the kale thousandhead plants that had blown off their posts, mulched the cabbage patch, cleared the pumpkin/corn patch.

Like Vinny I am a no-digger, but still have to dig out the vole & mole runs, and after clearing weeds the pumpkin bed did look rather 'nicely dug'!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sown seeds. Harvested 11 spaghetti squash, hopefully they ripen in the tunnel.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Sowed broad beans and peas in the just cleared pumpkin bed, with a good layer of leaf mold & compost under their feet. Sowed phacelia in the rest of the bed as I won't be using the rest of it until the spring (remembering at the last minute to leave a gap for the two rows of broad beans currently growing on in pots).

Turned my compost heaps.

Took down and broke down the hanging baskets, re-potting the spider plants and pelargoniums ready to bring back inside. Took cuttings from the pelies. The spider plants become house plants once more while the pelargoniums have been cut back hard and will over winter in an unheated room. Hopefully it will be too cold for the geranium bronze butterflies to survive!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Online
Picked Toms and removed another plant, collected sweet pea seeds.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny