2020 - Tell us what you did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Removed a tomato from the greenhouse. I thought I had planted Sweet Cassaday, a baby plum type. Obviously not, as the GH plant sported big bulbous green young fruits, it had also gone blind, no growing point at all. I gave it a good talking to and removed it to a big pot with the intention of planting it in the garden later on. Luckily I have a replacement Sweet Cassaday that was destined for the outside, so planted it in the space.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Brought my sunflowers into the PT from the wind, pined my pea nets to give better support in the wind, tied up some tomatoes and cucumbers, the weeded some potatoes in the misty rain. It’s a bit like what they call Scottish Mist, SC will know what I mean.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Tied up some chillies & tromboncino. Put up even more climbing frame up for the french beans.
Painted my veg washing station.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
Tied string around my tall telephone peas the winds trying to pull them away from the netting Sad
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Watered tunnels, thinned some carrots, built turkey house, started another growing experiment.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Found a dead crow in garden so I made a scare crow

• JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Yesterday I spent on the allotment, strimming to my heart's content (until the batteries went flat) and pulled so many weeds I filled a whole compost bay. I took some back out and spread them on my paths, to keep more weeds down. Mulch isn't it!

I sowed my ukrainian squash seeds, Wanda being one of them! They arrived 3 days ago, and I've kept them aside since then just in case.

I went back today with batteries recharged, and strimmed a whole lot more. Just under a third left of that plot to do. Planted out ALL my squash and courgette plants, so plenty of room in my greenhouse now, for all my tomatoes to finally go out in the greenhouse Smile

I weeded more than enough space for all the plants I had with me, put another arch together for the trombos., then went home, put the dogs in the car and went to the beach for a long walk. For the first time in weeks, it felt like I could really breathe. Work has been bad, and this weekend was just what I needed to calm the anxieties down.

I'll give you pics of the 'before' and 'after' at some point Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I collected a freebie of 5 bags of farmyard manure, 3 bags of multi purpose compost, 1/2 bag of ericaceous compost and 1 & 1/2 bags of bark chippings from my deceased aunts house which we are starting to clear out. I also got a spade, fork and 2 rakes. Then home to finish weeding my potatoes.

• Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Dug out wheelbarrow load of compost and a few buckets of horse poo, mixed together to make planting medium. Compost is very root so must take steps when the bin is empty to avoid this next year.
Planted out, supported and labelled half of the outdoor toms, dahlias and some bedding.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Finished off the oak 'trees', 150 in total. Tied up the last 8 tomatoes in the GH. Was going to weed round some newly planted comfrey but noticed a lady blackbird round there with some nesting material in her beak. I would have thought it a bit late for nest building so will keep an eye on her to see what she is up to as it could really do with some nettles removing from wheree it is.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Veggie