2020 - Tell us what you did today
Spec Offline
^^^^ Well done Sc, that should keep the deer off you groundRolleyes Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Cleaned out the chooks; got wet; came inside; sorted seeds; washed Spud's stinky bottom; had a glass of red.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
(01-11-2020, 09:02 PM)Spec Wrote: ^^^^ Well done Sc, that should keep the deer off you groundRolleyes Smile
 That’s the plan Spec when it’s finished  Big Grin . just a temporary fence so I can get some trees planted this autumn. Before we get our proper fencing up.  It’s going to look very hillbilly  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
I could place a bet that if you plant the trees now, the gate won't stop themBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Started getting the autumn planting done this last two days - tetrapanex rex and 6 hypericum hidcote. And then went and ordered more stuff!!
Cleared most of the veg bed that will take the little tunnel over winter. It is due to rain hard Tues & Weds so I want to let that rain get into the ground (it's still very dry after the summer drought) and then put the tunnel up on Thursday to take advantage of a couple of sunny days and get the warmth in.
Moved the old tin bath which is going to be a herb planter next year for the things that die in my heavy clay. I'll spend the winter half filling it with stones and rocks as they come to the surface.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Afternoon all.

I went to allotment and gathered a bag full of onions which had been drying on the staging.

Picked up my leek seedhead which I had in a bottle of water to keep it fresh. I also gathered a small bag of potting compost and some seed trays to take home and pot on my leek grass in comfort. I managed to get 40 more plantlets of the seed head giving me 70 plants in total. The 30 I had set earlier have perked up and I moved the tray into a sunny position in the greenhouse. The ones I potted on today are on the kitchen window sill for a couple of days until they start rooting and stand up straight.

I harvested the remaining apples from my two fan trained trees and I am not looking forward to peeling and coring them in preparation for the freezer.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(02-11-2020, 03:23 PM)Vinny Wrote: I harvested the remaining apples from my two fan trained trees and I am not looking forward to peeling and coring them in preparation for the freezer.

I use one of these - https://www.lakeland.co.uk/13181/Apple-M...-and-Corer 
Other makes and prices are available in the usual online stores.
Its also good for making chips. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
^^ Those are brilliant so good i ended up with 2 from the charity shop Smile
Really makes a difference when I’m dehydrating apples having them all the same thickness.

Forget to say not much out doors today only gathering sweet pea seeds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Picked the last of the tomtoes and now have a box of green and slowly ripening ones plus a bowl of ripe and ready. The race is on between ripeness and blightness! Dismantled and stored the tomato frame, and dug out the mole runs from the side of the bed.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Absolutely nothing to report today - its hardly stopped raining here.
Somebody must have pinched the sun!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man