Information about sheds
Curly Offline
Yes for the garden and to be used for storing garden equipment also over wintering bulbs and plants plus a potting bench as it will be close to the greenhouse and yes it will have electricity if it is made locally it will have a 8ft long double glazed unit fitted to the front and a 4ft one on one side.
[-] The following 3 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Sounds perfect, Curly.
We'll need photos. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I'm hopefully getting a shed delivered today, from GBC:

https://www.gbcgroup.co.uk/sheds/malvern...t-shed.htm

It's only a wee one, with no electricity or anything fancy, but very solidly made. I'll report back when it's installed, to give my opinion!

(Note: they seem to have a permanent rolling 20% off, despite the "ends 31st July" - they had a similar "ends 31st May" banner when I ordered mine!)
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Update: the shed arrived on time, and the two guys had built in under an hour. I'd take a photo to post, but it's hotter than the surface of the sun out there at the moment!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
As promised, photo of shed:

My poor Amoro squash is looking a bit wilty, but I promise I watered it right after taking this photo!
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
That's a good looking shed, Eyren. Plenty of room to fill with junk. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

JJB Offline
Moonraker
What a fine construction! I bet it wont take long to fill it!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren

Mikey Offline
Most garden sheds are a bit flimsy using 2x1 or less for a frame. I’ve a second hand shed which is about 45 years old now was my parent neighbours. It’s 4x2 and weighs a ton.

I had built a home office 6 x 4 metres in 2008 by a shed company for £6k total spend. They did the basic construction which I then insulated and plaster boarded had power and heating brought out to it. that was on a 3 x 2 wall construction and 4 x 2 roof. Check out shed companies locally, most offer home office frames which are a bit more robust than your average shed and generally cheaper than a joiner.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Mamzie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(05-08-2020, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: Most garden sheds are a bit flimsy using 2x1 or less for a frame. 
That's why I went for a more expensive model - I didn't want some £150 B&Q special that would blow away in the first wind. The framing timbers are at least 2x2 (I didn't measure them exactly, just guestimated using my thumb), giving 4x2 in the corners where the walls screw together. Plus the floor is sturdy tongue-and-groove, so it doesn't bend and creak when you walk on it. It may well outlive me!
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Spec Offline

I ordered a new garden hut in mid June which was delivered and erected in mid September its a 12t. X 9ft. timber framed shed the framing is 3in. X 2in. and clad by 3/4in. T & G. I also lined inside with plywood as I want to use it as a potting shed as well as storage for garden tools and equipment
[-] The following 6 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie