Information about sheds
Curly Offline
I am looking for information/recommendations of where I could buy a good hut I intend doing away with two old huts that I have and replacing them with one large good quality hut budget up to £2500. could anyone give a recomendation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Curly's post:
  • Can the Man

MartinH Offline
I have found Tiger Sheds to be good value for money, I've bought three from there. They've got quite a big range, you might find something you like.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I got my flat packed shed from Wayfair . It was reasonably priced' decent quality and delivered for free I think. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Baldy Offline
At £2500 you might also consider using a recommended tradesman - a decent chippy/joiner might come up with something exceptional/unique at that price (please note I've never paid more than £150 for a shed so we are leagues apart...) Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Baldy's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet

SarrissUK Offline
I'm the same Baldy - if I spend 2,500 quid I want to need planning permission for it Big Grin

In fact, I have never, ever bought a shed - I've always gotten stuff off Facebook etc, as it's always been for the allotment. Three sheds acquired that way, and one greenhouse, which cost me only £50. One day I will want to splurge, but again, it would have to be remarkable for that kind of cash Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Baldy, Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I agree with baldy. Look at a local firm. My neighbour bought a decent shed from a local chippie - that made one and fitted it with shelves and windows etc for half the price of a similar model from our local garden centre - with better wood etc. It still as good as new and he's had it at least 6 years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Baldy, Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(31-05-2020, 09:08 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I agree with baldy. Look at a local firm. My neighbour bought a decent shed from a local chippie - that made one and fitted it with shelves and windows etc for half the price of a similar model from our local garden centre - with better wood etc. It still as good as new and he's had it at least 6 years.
Why would you go to a fish & chip shop to by a shed? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Baldy, Broadway, Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet

Curly Offline
Tongue 
(31-05-2020, 08:11 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: I'm the same Baldy - if I spend 2,500 quid I want to need planning permission for it Big Grin
But I do need planning permission if I intend spending more than £5. I have to explain what I am planning to do so that I can get permission to spend it
[-] The following 5 users Like Curly's post:
  • Baldy, Broadway, Can the Man, SarrissUK, Veggie

Curly Offline
Taking the advice given I have gave my plans to a local joiner so waiting to see what he comes up with pricewise also checked out Tiger sheds and found one that I like I am now starting to clear out one of the old huts so that I can get it dismantled then lay the founds for the new one
[-] The following 1 user Likes Curly's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I guess the shed is for your garden not the allotment?
If its for home, do you have a clear idea of what you want to use it for? For example, is it for storage or for hobbies? Do you need power, windows, wide door?
Between us all, we must have quite a few sheds - I have 3 - and they're a bit like GHs, never big enough and you always want another one!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.