Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Unfortunately the management in the little shop has been very distracted for the last month and has dropped the ball, big time on stock and supply. Hopefully today the shelves will be refilled with things from the back room. Hopefully they won’t all be past there best! I know there’s chillies, runner beans, cabbages, broccoli, courgettes, tromboncino & potatoes all waiting to be brought.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Just come back now with beetroot, tomatoes, chillies and sweet peppers. There was an offer on on sweetcorn but you had to pick your own from the patch behind the shop. I came away with 24 not counting the one I ate while i was picking them. The shop keeper didn't notice that one hopefully. He gave a discount on the bird damaged ones.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, Eyren, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Just been back for some raspberries, they are practically giving them away.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Bren Offline
Toms on offer today so I’ll be roasting those when the ovens on at dinner time. Still plenty of apples came away with a trug full shared with neighbours rest will be juiced tomorrow when we’re due rain.
Really happy with my little shop Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Still lots of French beans in my little shop, and we're expecting a small delivery of red kuri squash any day now. Beetroot and parsley are readily available, but the spring onions are looking a bit sad - the shop keeper blames all the wind and rain we've been having.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The Shopkeeper has been doing the monthly stocktake and is sad to say that some of the shelves are empty.
There's beetroot, leeks, a few runner beans, kale and some small butternut squash on one counter and lettuce and spring onions on another. Plenty of onions in the store room to be brought out when there's a demand and raspberries and some other goods in the freezer cabinets.
The Pick your own Apples are plentiful but the recent rain has brought an end to the freshly picked raspberries.
He's hoping that there will be a delivery of carrots and parsnips but doesn't know when.

Apparently, he's going to look for a new supplier that can guarantee year round deliveries as this one has been quite inefficient this year!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Bren Offline
A rather soggy stocktake here, plenty of kale, parsnips, carrots, JA's, raspberries and assorted lettuce, plus there's limited ready picked toms and apples.
The freezer department and bags of peas, runners and french beans. not many shelled beans though.

Its been a good year probably because the shopkeeper has spent the whole summer in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My shop keeper is running down stock. Ready for moving to a prime location.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Plenty of legumes, frozen and dried. Potatoes, onions parsnips carrots and cabbage. Not sure how he can display the rodent nibbled beetroot (should pressure cook OK though). Found a jar of spicy pickled onions collecting dust on the back shelf with no bb date but still crunchy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve done a little stock take in the shop today. It’s all very limited. There’s red cabbage, kale, sprouts, a couple of leeks and chillies. Still got a few things in storage tromboncino, spaghetti squash, onions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie