Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Admin Offline
The Boss
My stock is limited in most departments but have:
Butternuts
Onions (summer stock)
Shallots (summer stock)
Kale
Parsnips
Carrots (selling fast)
Expecting a delivery of cauliflowers and sprouts from next week
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
I've run out of fresh, toms, carrots, chillis and fruit I do have plenty frozen or dried.

My little shop has stocks of:-
Parsnips
Chard
Kale,
Cabbage,
JA's
A good variety of Lettuce
Herbs,
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Well with dried/frozen and fresh stock there is still plenty to choose from:
Frozen; peas, french beans, cauli, capsicum
Dried: peas, haricot beans (dwarf and climbing), broad beans (from last year), quinoa
Fresh: leeks,cabbage, carrots and parsnips (mice or rats have nibbled last of beetroot)
Stored: Potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes, chilies, butternut squash and pumpkins
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Then there are plenty of cooking apples. Plenty still on the floor outside as well and a song thrush was weighing them up this morning and he didn't look like he intended to pay for them.
Not really any eaters left but high hopes for Jonagold doing well in future years.
Then we have raspberries, red and black currants and gooseberries in the freezer.
  • Bren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My Little Shop has been closed over Christmas/New Year but it had the "Open" sign up today. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the produce on sale - the shelves were quite bare apart from beetroot, leeks, lettuce and eggs. Plenty of frozen food and preserves but they're not the same as freshly picked.
The Shopkeeper said he hoped to be restocking soon and had placed an order for fresh tomatoes with his usual supplier.
Keep checking back, he said, you never know what will be on the shelves!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Your shopkeeper is really keen, being open at this time of year. Mine tells me that although carrots, beetroot and chard are possibly available there are problems finding suitable staff to harvest in inclement weather conditions.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(03-01-2021, 08:57 PM)JJB Wrote: Your shopkeeper is really keen, being open at this time of year.  Mine tells me that although carrots, beetroot and chard are possibly available there are problems finding suitable staff to harvest in inclement weather conditions.

I hope this is nowt to do with Brexit.

No problem with Staff at my local shop (have to be reminded t keep their distance and wear a mask but OK otherwise).
Still got some beetroot cabbage broccoli leeks and parsnips. The big freezer is full of fruit and veg. Onions, garlic, potatoes, pumpkins, squash and jars of tomatoes in the shed.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
(25-11-2020, 08:41 PM)Bren Wrote: I've run out of  fresh, toms, carrots, chillis and fruit I do  have plenty frozen or dried.

My little shop has stocks of:-
Parsnips
Chard
Kale,
Cabbage,
JA's
A good variety of Lettuce
Herbs,

My little shop still has the same stocks as it did in November with the addition of a few sprouts but stocks are low for parsnips.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-01-2021, 09:25 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:57 PM)JJB Wrote: Your shopkeeper is really keen, being open at this time of year.  Mine tells me that although carrots, beetroot and chard are possibly available there are problems finding suitable staff to harvest in inclement weather conditions.

I hope this is nowt to do with Brexit.
Not Brexit related, more to do with idle British worklady, she definitely doesn't deserve a job, she stays in bed all morning and then when she is up it's all I can do to convince her to go out in the cold.  A waste of space in my opinion, I'll have to sack her.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Making a soup today so had a look in at the shop this morning to see what they had. Came back with a pumpkin, tomatoes, onions, garlic and carrots. Thee pumpkin too big to use all of it so chopped 3/4 up and froze.
  • Bren, Veggie