Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh yes, definitely. Walking round a ghost town on Sundays and Wednesday afternoons was quite novel. Doesn't happen these days.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My little shop is now out of sugar snaps, but I'm reliably informed they'll be back next year, along with some mangetout! Meanwhile the shelves are piled high with CFBs, and there's rumours of a new frozen foods department.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Not buying anything today, nothing but courgettes!
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, Eyren, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Plenty of raspberries, apples and pears now also cabbage and I just got the last cauli in stock. Also the first red pepper and even some hazel nuts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli

Bren Offline
My little shop has full stocks of fruit and veg I'm spoilt for choice. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Popped into the little shop today for raspberries and came away with beetroot, apples, radish and some dried bean pods. The nice shopkeeper told me that if I keep them a while and pop the beans out, I'll be able to eat them in winter and grow my own next year. he even suggested that if I had too many I could share them with friends. I'll think about that.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My little shop has run out of cherry tomatoes for the foreseeable, and although they keep promising to get some big tomatoes in stock soon, they never turn up and the shopkeeper makes lame excuses about the weather! No green beans, either - apparently they're stockpiling to avoid shortages next year.

They did have some nice beetroot, though, and the cos lettuce is still plentiful.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Special offer on sweetcorn so had a dozen to start with for the freezer. Might get some more tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, Eyren

Bren Offline
Turnips are now out of stock but Parsnips are on the shelves.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Eyren, Mark_Riga

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Big tomatoes finally in stock, and green beans have made a reappearance! Only a few at the moment, but I've been promised more to come, along with beetroot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Small chilli