Dehydrator recipes
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
So many things you can do! 

https://www.excaliburdehydrator-recipes.com/

Tomato & Parmesan crisp

https://www.excaliburdehydrator-recipes....ato-chips/
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 7 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Stop tempting me with dehydrators!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I've had a dehydrator in the cupboard for a couple of years and never used it. Rolleyes Maybe its time to dust it down, give it a wash and make some use of it. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Thank you for this. I only have a small Lakeland dehydrator and haven't had the chance to put it to much use since I was given it a few years ago. However, I definitely want to get some good use out of it once I'm in a position to grow enough food to start storing some. Coronavirus has definitely taught me that having a good stash of homegrown fruits and veggies will be a good safety net!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
Mine was a charity shop find I’ve used it for apples but that’s it, I fancy fruit leathers to use up last years frozen blackberries.
Thanks for the link SC Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
SC I want to make blackberry fruit leathers, once they're defrosted do i just puree the fruit add some sugar or honey (which ? ) then spread onto grease proof sheet.
That sounds simple enough or is there more to it than that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-05-2020, 08:11 PM)Bren Wrote: SC I want to make blackberry fruit leathers,  once they're defrosted  do i just puree the fruit add some sugar or honey (which ? )  then spread onto grease proof sheet.
That sounds simple enough or is there more to it than that?
Sorry Bren I’ve only just seen your post  Blush . How did your fruit leather turn out?
I’m afraid I couldn’t help anyway. I’ve never made fruit leather. Bob had a go once. No idea what he did though. All I know is, it was horrible. Flavour wasn’t to bad ( if you like soft fruit. I don’t! ) but the texture was gritty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yesterday I made kale crisps. My friend that’s staying likes them so had a go at making some.
I wasn’t expecting to like them if I’m honest. But they were lovely. I’ll definitely be making them again.

https://www.excaliburdehydrator-recipes....-cinnamon/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
SC I’ve made fruit leathers a few times my fave is apple and blackberries put through the kenwood sieve I hate blackberry seeds then sweetened with honey.
It’s very more-ish Big Grin
Not tried kale crisps but it’s on my list just now I’ve got apples dehydrating.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Small chilli

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I am back in Grimsby, packing once again. However, I've been exploring the possibilities for "cooking" without a kitchen or fridge/freezer in my new accommodation over the last couple of weeks, with a fair bit of success. I have even managed to cook hard-boiled eggs using my travel kettle and a Stanley flask this week (takes about an hour in the flask, plus pre-heating time)! Since I have the long weekend to play around (whilst also packing/sorting/cleaning), I have hauled out my long-neglected dehydrator and am trying to dehydrate as many of my (shop-bought) frozen fruits and veggies as I can. Apparently frozen veg dehydrates more quickly as the freezer has already started the process (so, I'm not here offering a recipe, just a tip for speeding up the process!) The tray of petit pois I started this afternoon are already fully dehydrated and I am now timing how long it takes for a few of them to plump up again in some water (if they do). I've just another 500g bag of petit pois to dehydrate (over several trays) as well as a bag of mixed stir fry veg. I have less confidence in the stir fry veggies as the bag contains things in lots of different sizes and with rather variable water content, so I suspect the labour of picking through and removing things that have dried faster than others will be too much.

Most of my stuff is going into storage with my parents or Grandma. My hope is that my Mum will be happy to have a play with my dehydrator (especially after her disastrous attempt to make fruit leather in the oven this year) and will be up for dehydrating me a bag or two of frozen veg once a month or so, to keep me in fruit and veg that is usually hard to come by in shelf-stable forms, or in small enough quantities for me to eat without needing refrigeration (e.g. tinned sweetcorn would be great, but my local supermarket only have big tins with about four portions).

Might have to pass the dehydrator to my Mum along with a link to some of those Excalibur recipes for her to make (and share with me Big Grin)
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli