Strange but true.
Mikey Offline
(13-06-2020, 07:59 PM)Can the Man Wrote: February used to be the last month of the year, which is why it has the shortest number of days

The brain is our fattiest organ, being composed of nearly 60% fat. - so if some one says your fat - Ta Da Smile
I always wondered why Feb only had 28 days a year and 29 on a leap year. I also wondered why they couldn’t be bothered to make it rhyme.

30 days has September, April June and November.....blah blah blah bored now, February.

Do you think it’s because March has the spring equinox so is therefore the start of the year like it is for us gardeners, and I know some of you mad folk start on Boxing Day.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Neffa, Veggie

Neffa Offline
Well, December beginning with Dec means 10.
However, it’s our last month of the year so February is either the 2nd or 12th depending upon your belief system.
If, February is the 1st month of the year it explains the concept of Spring whereas December doesn’t.
However, if you have to allow for quarter days that explains the 4 yearly cycle of leap years a calendar based upon neither February or December makes any kind of sense.

I now have trunk flop and headache.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
Trunk ache are you kidding, my Mami always told me, you know what thought did don’t you?

Did a poo and fell back in it!

I still don’t get it....

And I didn’t follow any of that Neffa.  Huh
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Neffa

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I've just discovered that wisteria chinensis (Chinese wisteria) twines right handed, but wisteria floribunda (Japanese wisteria) twines left handed. It's very rare to have two plants of the same species that twine in opposite directions apparently.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Strange but true that I seem to have missed most of these hilarious posts. Thanks for the entertainment, all of you.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(31-10-2020, 09:54 PM)Moth Wrote: I've just discovered that wisteria chinensis (Chinese wisteria) twines right handed, but wisteria floribunda (Japanese wisteria) twines left handed. It's very rare to have two plants of the same species that twine in opposite directions apparently.
How interesting!
Now tell me this, what causes the twining?  I always thought it was the daylight  on one side of the stalk, but if two plants can twine in different directions that blows that theory out of the water.   I'm sure someone will tell me in great scientific detail. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've read that CFBs and Runner beans twine in opposite directions too.
AFAIK twining plants twine because they don't have hands to pull themselves up.
Is that scientific enough for you, JJB. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-11-2020, 12:31 AM)Veggie Wrote: I've read that CFBs and Runner beans twine in opposite directions too.

I've a feeling I'm going to have to test the CFB vs runner theory, just out of curiosity.   A very plausible explanation, ta, Veggie.  Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(01-11-2020, 12:31 AM)Veggie Wrote: I've read that CFBs and Runner beans twine in opposite directions too.

Runner beans twine right handed (i.e. crossing the support bottom left to top right). As far as I'm aware, CFB do the same.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB