2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(29-09-2020, 09:05 AM)Scarlet Wrote: My son used to keep snakes, he is very forgetful and would always take it out of the tank and put it back without closing the door!! We lost it once for nearly a year Big Grin

On another note, I could hardly sleep last night. I'm going to the dahlia Farm later!!!. I'm not sure how many I can dig up as they are big plants. So I need to be choosy and try not to pick similar ones to those I'm growing already.
Though I'm upset for the lady that has the business, not a great year to finish up as a commercial grower - supplying florists.
She is hoping to upsticks and move back home to Wales. I so wish I could just have this field.

After the digging you'll have to find room to plant them, happy days Scarlet
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(29-09-2020, 09:05 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I'm not sure how many I can dig up as they are big plants. So I need to be choosy and try not to pick similar ones to those I'm growing already.

You could take a good slice out of one - one or two good stems and attached tubers. Or dig one up then take a portion and put most back.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I got them! It was hard work. She is also on clay and it was like concrete.
I haven't counted how many o have - I'm on tuber 13 so far that has been cleaned off ready for splitting next year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(30-09-2020, 08:11 AM)Scarlet Wrote: I got them! It was hard work. She is also on clay and it was like concrete.
I haven't counted how many o have - I'm on tuber 13 so far that has been cleaned off ready for splitting next year.

I'm looking forward to the flower fest!

My happy was five griffon vultures cruising round the valley this morning. Spectacular Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
Spotting this Nellie mosa flower. 

[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-10-2020, 04:23 PM)Bren Wrote: Spotting this Nellie mosa flower. 

Isn't it uplifting at this time of year to see the second flush of anything, Bren.  I've a similar clematis called Carnaby (cheapie in Lidl)  it had a flower late spring when I bought it (essential with Lidls as you can't  guarantee the variety) and the plant was only small, now I've just found a single flower on it.  The little thing is trying so hard to please.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Watching 4 gold crests feeding in a tree on our plot.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Birds again!

A robin just hopped in through the patio doors while I typed my last post on here. Fortunately, the dogs were asleep and didn't notice him.

Before that, I'd been watching 4 buzzard circling above the garden and, under the oak tree are the feathers of a ?woodpigeon. I'll be watching this spot as a few years ago the buzzards had a "plucking perch" in a nearby ash tree - that is no more. Hoping they've moved their perch to the oak as I can watch them from the house.

PS, make sure your teeth are engaged before saying "plucking perch" aloud. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(15-10-2020, 02:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: Birds again!

A robin just hopped in through the patio doors while I typed my last post on here. Fortunately, the dogs were asleep and didn't notice him.

Before that, I'd been watching 4 buzzard circling above the garden and, under the oak tree are the feathers of a ?woodpigeon. I'll be watching this spot as a few years ago the buzzards had a "plucking perch" in a nearby ash tree - that is no more. Hoping they've moved their perch to the oak as I can watch them from the house.

PS, make sure your teeth are engaged before saying "plucking perch" aloud. Wink

Also make sure Mrs Brown and her new friends are away from the eyes of prying predators on plucking perches......now where's my teeth?  Harking back to funny words, did that remind you of  Peter Piper etc?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
My youngest sons covid test came back negative ☺
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie