These days I think we might even class Torbay as exotic!  Looks lovely
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
There was me thinking it was Skeggie boss. Big Grin

Spent the morning in a forest, had breakfast in Greggs, picked some toms and made passatta. Today was a good day. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Neffa Offline
Doctors - mid to end of Oct for flu jabs.
Phoned local chemist this morning. Today at 2.40 and 2.50.
Asked Docs about using chemist. Complete thumbs up.
Done.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 5 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Bren Offline
Today’s rain it’s just what my veg plot needs.

Me I have plenty of apples that need juicing, stewing, dehydrating and Toms to roast so I don’t mind being indoors.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Rain here as well....very welcome Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
And rain here, although only a forcast. Counting chickens and all that!
Seeing two black-shouldered kites.
275g of sun dried tomatoes sitting on the shelf.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came within a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning green and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one I've seen. Happy.

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(28-09-2020, 03:23 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came with a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning grren and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one of seen. Happy.

You're welcome to your snakes PP, I'm not sure I want anything other than a slow worm around my compost heap.  OH would go loopy at snake surprises, not his favourite creature.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(28-09-2020, 03:37 PM)JJB Wrote:
(28-09-2020, 03:23 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: A happy today too - after startling a western whip snake back into a log pile I then sat and waited (benches all round this garden!) and eventally it came back out again. I watched it hunting through the undergrowth around me for nearly 20 mins. Once it came with a metre or so of my foot so couldn't have known I was there. Stunning grren and yellow snake, and of course I didn't have my camera because I'd just popped up to the compost heaps to get some leaf mold! Only the second one of seen. Happy.

You're welcome to your snakes PP, I'm not sure I want anything other than a slow worm around my compost heap.  OH would go loopy at snake surprises, not his favourite creature.

Anything that eats voles is welcome Smile I've always liked snakes but had to work really hard with the spiders ...

[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My son used to keep snakes, he is very forgetful and would always take it out of the tank and put it back without closing the door!! We lost it once for nearly a year Big Grin

On another note, I could hardly sleep last night. I'm going to the dahlia Farm later!!!. I'm not sure how many I can dig up as they are big plants. So I need to be choosy and try not to pick similar ones to those I'm growing already.
Though I'm upset for the lady that has the business, not a great year to finish up as a commercial grower - supplying florists.
She is hoping to upsticks and move back home to Wales. I so wish I could just have this field.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie