How about 'Flowers and Fancies'
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If I'm going to a open market to buy something specific like some flowers or fish, I say I'm going to the Flower Lady or the Fish Man. Unless a name is funny/catchy/quirky/short its doesn't stick.
In the "village" where I live people say, I'm going to Snails and it doesn't need an explanation. Just calling your "business" Scarlet's with an image of red roses, ladybirds, poppies may be enough?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Great idea!
Sticking the word artisan in your business name seems to work a treat down here, even though, or maybe because, it is a protected term. So Artisan Flowers or Scarlet's Artisan Flowers as it implies local, eco, hand made ...
Are there any tax implications of small scale selling?
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Jay Offline
Worms don’t conjure up pretty thoughts though Scarlet but bees and butterflies and ladybirds do.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(13-09-2021, 08:53 PM)Veggie Wrote: Farendwoman sells flowers too - maybe she has some advice?
I wish you all the luck in the world with this Scarlet. Whatever happens, you WILL enjoy it!
I absolutely love my outings to our local Market and particularly the interaction with all the regular customers, many of whom have become friends.
The customers seem to like that all the flowers are grown in our gardens within ten miles of the Market venue.
However, I would put in a proviso about accepting orders for flowers. My friend and I who run the stall together don’t have large greenhouses or poly tunnels to protect our plants, so if it tips it down in the week, then the flowers are bug***ed!
I promised to do flowers for a very close friend’s wedding in July, and because of the weather damage was almost ashamed of what I provided for her! This was with no money changing hands too - I’d have been mortified if it had been a “stranger” who was paying. It’s a huge worry and commitment to promise to provide lots of flowers for a special occasion.
We can usually put together a couple of dozen bunches each week - and advise customers to “get there early” if they want to buy a decent quantity. I shall be picking again tomorrow - and the weather looks good. 
I’ve just reread this post before putting it up, and it really sounds all doom and gloom. I apologise for this - selling flowers that make people happy is a lovely thing to do.  I get a real buzz when I see people  walking around town carrying our flowers. I’m going to be very interested in how you get on.
[-] The following 6 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(15-09-2021, 02:14 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(13-09-2021, 08:53 PM)Veggie Wrote: Farendwoman sells flowers too - maybe she has some advice?
I wish you all the luck in the world with this Scarlet. Whatever happens, you WILL enjoy it!
I absolutely love my outings to our local Market and particularly the interaction with all the regular customers, many of whom have become friends.
The customers seem to like that all the flowers are grown in our gardens within ten miles of the Market venue.
However, I would put in a proviso about accepting orders for flowers. My friend and I who run the stall together don’t have large greenhouses or poly tunnels to protect our plants, so if it tips it down in the week, then the flowers are bug***ed!
I promised to do flowers for a very close friend’s wedding in July, and because of the weather damage was almost ashamed of what I provided for her! This was with no money changing hands too - I’d have been mortified if it had been a “stranger” who was paying. It’s a huge worry and commitment to promise to provide lots of flowers for a special occasion.
We can usually put together a couple of dozen bunches each week - and advise customers to “get there early” if they want to buy a decent quantity. I shall be picking again tomorrow - and the weather looks good. 
I’ve just reread this post before putting it up, and it really sounds all doom and gloom. I apologise for this - selling flowers that make people happy is a lovely thing to do.  I get a real buzz when I see people  walking around town carrying our flowers. I’m going to be very interested in how you get on.
Attaching a pic of our stall - you will notice that I’ve cut my head off (deliberately!!)

Anyway it is all really good fun - go girl, Scarlet!!

Farendwoman Offline
(15-09-2021, 07:05 PM)Hi Farendwoman Wrote:
Attaching a pic of our stall - you will notice that I’ve cut my head off (deliberately!!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 6 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That looks lovely, FEW!
Do you have a "name" for your stall as that seems to be taxing Scarlet the most!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-09-2021, 07:09 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(15-09-2021, 07:05 PM)Hi Farendwoman Wrote:

Absolutely fabulous! I'm not expecting to earn huge amounts of money. I want to do something I enjoy, I love having a chat and at the moment I hardly go anywhere a d with my boys gone it would be nice to do "something". I can sell my jewellery on the same stand, trinkets etc ( I have been to craft fairs so I know everything is quite a hard sell) 

Do you have insurance? As that was the first thing I have been asked?
PP, you can take home £1000 tax free without declaring it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-09-2021, 11:46 AM)Jay Wrote: Worms don’t conjure up pretty thoughts though Scarlet but bees and butterflies and ladybirds do.
Yes, that's what my husband said Big Grin

Blooms, buds and butterflies?
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie