Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night!
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Morning all.

Just finished my one and only meal for today.............a BIG breakfast. Cool I did cook some chicken wings as well but couldn't even look at them after my brekkie! Confused

Whilst walking the dog today I bumped into Kato's best friend, a golden retriever from up the street. They HATE each other and always try to tear each others throat out. The bloke with the retriever also has a black Labrador with him which is really laid back.It reminds me very much of when I used to walk Kato with my other dog Amber, a really laid back German Shepherd. Smile

Anyway the bloke says his dog only reacts to my dog and no other and suggested because they were both on the lead we let them sniff each other. Yeah right. Cry Both dogs wanted to rip the others throat out with teeth and saliva in abandon  and it was a struggle for both of us to keep them apart.
We separated agreeing between us it was a bad idea to try and allow them to be friends. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Good evening. At the start (for me at least) of a new growing season and thinking about what precautions I need to take to protect this years produce, I read this about conditions in China last year. Hopefuly main pests pigeons, mice and slugs for me to contend with. The January floods are now a distant memory.

"Floods in the country’s south, drought in the north, typhoons in the northeast and pest infestations in the southwest took their tolls. Disease continued to spread among animals across China."

https://outline.com/usmBRv
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nobody's mentioned it, so I'm guessing you've all forgotten to do it. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Online
Moonraker
I remembered! Although one year I didn't.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Busy day today for me! Lots to do - the weather is going to be fab!
Gonna try to plant in loads of annuals and some more trees and a couple of dog wood shrubs - in reality only a third will get done. But that's ok. Tomorrow is supposed to be good too!
Phots will be supplied later - I love a photo Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thought I'd share a few random happenings with you....................
1. My integrated fridge has stopped cooling - only realised when a couple of items smelt a bit odd. Being integrated I can't hoick it out and look at the back (not that I'd know what to look for Wink. Fortunately, I have a spare little fridge in the garage that I use as a Jam store so the jam is still in the garage, the fridge is looking out of place in the kitchen and the useless fridge is taunting me - do I risk the call-out charge and see if it can be repaired or buy a replacement that will fit or use it as a jam store in the kitchen?

2. I had a phonecall on Friday from the Crematorium. It was a bit alarming because the girl said " I'm ringing to let you know that we've started witnessed ash scattering again. Would you like to make an appointment?" I mean, I may be getting on a bit but I'm not ready to call it a day yet.Wink
At one point she put my call on hold...........and there was no music! I was waiting for a sound but it was deathly quiet! Made me wonder though, what music could they play - neither The Funeral March or anything too jolly?

I'll spare you the tale of me squirting shampoo in my mouth this morning and go and blow bubbles in the garden. Smile
Have a nice afternoon!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-04-2021, 02:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'll spare you the tale of me squirting shampoo in my mouth this morning and go and blow bubbles in the garden. Smile
Have a nice afternoon!
I want photographic evidence not the story  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Online
Moonraker
Who ever signed the papers for her release, that's what I want to know!
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Mikey Offline
Morning all,

Been thinking when you come across a slug/snail in the garden do you throw it over the wall in to the neighbour you like least/don’t know. Slugs and snails are life’s remaining frequent fliers, and are still off on the holidays. Wink
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
(22-04-2021, 06:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: Morning all,

Been thinking when you come across a slug/snail in the garden do you throw it over the wall in to the neighbour you like least/don’t know. Slugs and snails are life’s remaining frequent fliers, and are still off on the holidays. Wink

I'll admit to a bit of throwing in the past, but I read somewhere that they make their way home again, probably quite slowly though Smile  maybe they like long holidays.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mikey, Veggie