Help!
Jay Offline
Hi everyone, can anyone tell me what’s wrong with my little chilli plug? It was fine until this morning when I noticed the leaves are a bit curly but not crispy. I’ve check for aphids and there are none there.

Sorry photo is sideways!!

The variety is Fairy Lights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Can the Man

SarrissUK Offline
I think Fairy Lights have purple tinged leaves, haven't they? The leaves look a bit droopy - maybe over, or under watering, but I wouldn't be too worried about the colour of the leaves Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Where are you keeping it? Looks like it’s suffering from big temperature fluctuations. The purple looks like it’s been getting to cold, brown crispy looks like you’ve cooked it.
The compost looks a little dry, but difficult to tell. How long’s it been in that pot? First thing I’d try is repotting into a bigger ( probably something like a 1lt )with fresh compost and keep where there’s constant temperature.
Never grown that variety, so don’t know if it’s extra temperamental, demanding / fussy.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(23-05-2020, 04:28 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Where are you keeping it? Looks like it’s suffering from big temperature fluctuations. The purple looks like it’s been getting to cold, brown crispy looks like you’ve cooked it.
The compost looks a little dry, but difficult to tell. How long’s it been in that pot? First thing I’d try is repotting into a bigger ( probably something like a 1lt )with fresh compost and keep where there’s constant temperature.
Never grown that variety, so don’t know if it’s extra temperamental, demanding / fussy.
Agreed! Dodgy Dodgy
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Jay Offline
Hello both and thanks for advice. The plant does have dark leaves, I knew that, but they are curling at edges but not crunchy, still soft. It's in the kitchen window (West facing) and has been in the pot about a week and compost is not dry. I have two other plants, Numex Twighlight, in the same size pots on the same sill and they appear to be fine.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
I know my kitchen window can get very hot when the sun is out, it’s also west facing and gets the sun from early afternoon onwards. My basil tends to go the same way if I leave it on that window.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay

Jay Offline
Hi guys, I’ve repotted it and gIven it a good drink and it seems to have perked up a bit already!! Thank you for all the advice! x
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, SarrissUK, Small chilli