Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-10-2020, 02:58 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: How lovely Scarlet, which ones?
I am beginning to become a roseaholic too, having bought some old French varieties in the spring Smile Now I just need to stop the deer eating them!
Desdemona 
mMme Alfred Carriere 
Princess Alexandra of Kent 
Emily Bronte 
x Eustacia Vye 
x Boscobel 
Hyde Hall 
Very excited with these!! I'm doing a huge revamp on a long border, I've been planning all year - it had several ash trees in so I'm planting the roses in areas that I've managed to clear and filling around where the roots are with loads of flowers grown from seed or cuttings. I've got lupins from SC, lychnis, loads of verbena rigida and nepeta cuttings, penstemon cuttings that I took earlier in the year - blackberry and purple czar, some purple geranium Roxanne, Orlaya and larkspur from seeds - loads already potted on. I also put up wires for clematis that I bought earlier in the year. 
It will take a couple of years to get it to look good I expect but I'm hoping it all grows. 

My husband has finally realised that after 20 years of cycling equipment and probably only been on the bike a couple of times a year that I'm not interested.
Funny how when I suggested that I could sell MY tandem that I had for Christmas one year that he suggested that he would buy the roses for this Christmas! Bike is still in the shed. 
[-] The following 7 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Messages In This Thread
Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting - by PyreneesPlot - 26-10-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting - by Veggie - 26-10-2020, 11:03 AM
RE: Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting - by Scarlet - 26-10-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting - by Scarlet - 27-10-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: Autumn Tree & Shrub Planting - by Veggie - 02-11-2020, 05:46 PM