The Evolution of a Pea Room!!
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

First there was an unlovely shrub here until someone gave me a pre-formed pond - so I dug up the shrub and enlarged the hole for the pond. The frogs came and everyone was happy until the pond sprang a leak. Out came the pond and the hole was levelled and filled with pebbles and a bird bath. Then the bird bath cracked and all that remained was the base, buried by pebbles. 

Seemed a pity to waste this area so added a post in each corner, some cross pieces surplus from a GH frame and some netting. Had to lower one corner as it was too close to the rotary line and my washing kept catching on it. Also netted on 3 sides only, as it would be daft to stop myself getting in there.  Big Grin

I sowed lots of different mangetout peas in whatever pots and troughs I could find and put them in position . The seedlings didn't survive long as they were either eaten or dug up. This time I started the peas in modules in the GH and planted them out inside plastic bottles from the vinegar that was used to spray the front garden weeds. As you see, the peas grew unmolested and I'll definitely do this next time. 

The flowers are beautiful in various shades of white, pink, mauve and purple and the peas are yellow, purple and green - maybe some mottled ones too if I'm lucky!

The moral of this story is - it doesn't matter how small the space is, you can always find room for a pot of peas.  Cool
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Messages In This Thread
The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Veggie - 06-08-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Bren - 06-08-2020, 07:28 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Veggie - 06-08-2020, 07:42 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Bren - 06-08-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Admin - 06-08-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Veggie - 06-08-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Mikey - 06-08-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Jay - 06-08-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: The Evolution of a Pea Room!! - by Veggie - 06-08-2020, 11:21 PM