Any fruit you wouldn't grow again?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I used to dream that my garden would be full of fruit trees and bushes producing a never ending supply of delicious and exotic fruits.
Dreams don't always come true, however!

Some of the trees I've planted have not lived up to my dream and, reluctantly, I'm giving them the chop!

Its Goodbye to most of the peaches and nectarines. Two  "Avalon Pride" peaches have had a stay of execution as it seems less prone to peach leaf curl than the others.

Most of the cherry trees have also gone. I've kept 3 small ones that I should be able to net and a large one that looks great in flower and autumn colour but is always stripped of its fruit by birds.
The apricots are on probation - they haven't fruited at all yet. Neither has the persimmon and mulberry but they'll be kept for novelty value.

The Quince has its first fruit forming this year and the medlar fruited last year but I didn't eat any. Again, they'll be kept as novelties!

I'm also pulling up the yellow raspberries (they taste of sugar water - not raspberries) and the Japanese wineberries and Worcesterberries have been demoted to the edible hedge.

Is there any fruit you've planted that you wouldn't grow again?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Messages In This Thread
Any fruit you wouldn't grow again? - by Veggie - 28-06-2020, 11:06 PM
RE: Any fruit you wouldn't grow again? - by JJB - 29-06-2020, 09:01 AM