Poll: Your favourite story
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Small Chilli #2
7.69%
1 7.69%
JJB #3
0%
0 0%
Vinny #4
84.62%
11 84.62%
Veggie #5
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition
JJB Offline
Moonraker
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..........

Well,  to be honest it wasn't that long ago, only three years and the galaxy isn't that far away, its right under your noses, as in the here and now, but it sounds a good starting line and might have got your attention. It worked for George Lucas so why not for me?

Having got your attention I'd like to tell you about some friends of mine. They're a motley bunch from all over the land and I've not a bad word to write about any of them. I say write because my friends and I have never met but I still feel we're all friends nonetheless and I write to them almost every day.  I know what most of them look like as we've exchanged mug shots but we've never actually met face to face. We're all members of an online forum, Garden and Gossip. You can probably guess what we talk about - gardening -  with a side order of almost anything that takes our fancy, i.e gossip.  Don't get me wrong,  we don't gossip about each other, that would never do. It's just that we discuss almost anything to death barring politics and religion.  Take this as an example. One friend is building a house from scratch, no mean feat I can tell you, and the house even has a name BRADAN, 'salmon' to you and me. We all follow the progress of this build avidly, secretly wishing it was us putting our ideas into reality but thanking the gods we're not suffering the trials and set backs that go with it.  We are blessed with pictures and blow by blow  narrative of the  progress of this exciting self-build nestling in the beautiful Scottish countryside by those who are actually experiencing it. Then there's a new recruit to the forum, FERGIE, he's a rather silent partner in this enterprise, in fact he's entirely silent on the forum, if not in reality. He's a little grey Fergusson tractor whose dad gives us updates on the refurbishment process.  The forum was full of ideas of how to decorate FERGIE for Christmas.

Now then, those of you who have travelled the world may know of a place called SPLOTT, funny name isn't it? Don't worry I'd never heard of it either, it's in Wales a suburb of Cardiff. One of my forum friends told us all about going to Splott for a vaccination, in truth I was so taken by the name the purpose of the visit paled into insignificance. Who would want to say they lived in Splott, its almost as bad as living in Wyre Piddle (why not, is what I say).  So you see we have full and varied conversations on our beloved forum. There's only a few of us but that means we get to know each  other rather well.  We're always looking for new recruits. It helps if you've an interest in gardening, the soil, the best COMPOST to use or just the growing of things generally, but it's not strictly necessary. What you definitely need is a sense of humour and a whole heap of love. So please, come and join our little family on our 3rd birthday, you know you want to.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 9 users Like JJB's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, MartinH, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Admin - 23-03-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 08-05-2023, 02:55 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 09-05-2023, 10:03 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 14-05-2023, 01:45 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 17-05-2023, 10:50 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 21-05-2023, 11:24 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 24-05-2023, 11:45 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 26-05-2023, 08:29 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Broadway - 27-05-2023, 10:58 AM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Veggie - 27-05-2023, 12:07 PM
RE: POLL - 3rd Birthday Competition - by Bren - 28-05-2023, 09:34 AM