Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Wait for it................I have a plan.Smile

Basically, the veg that we grow falls into distinct categories:-

A . Quick maturing ones, (from seed to crop in 4 months). These are the ones you pick and that's it - like carrots, beetroot, hearted lettuce (not CACA) and cabbage.
B. Quick maturing but crop multiple times - like courgettes, beans, peas, tomatoes
C. Those that take months to mature - like parsnips, sprouts - often these are grown over winter.
D. One that benefit from protection - from weather/frost or from disease like blight.

The cunning plan needs 4 beds to grow the A Group on a 4 month rotation. For example, sow Carrots in March, pick in June. (4 months). In July, empty Bed A of all crops and resow - these will be picked in October.
Another bed will be sown in April for July picking, another in May for August and the 4th in June for September. 
In other words, 4 beds growing quick veg from March to October. Not too many, just enough!

The B Group have needs - like canes/netting and would be in the ground for most of the summer although dwarf peas/beans could be grow under cover at both ends of summer to extend the season.

The C Group would have their own bed.

The Ds would be in the GH/under cover or in movable pots.

My next step is to identify 4 "beds" that I can use for Group A - or just 1 bed so I can sow for August!

The needy B group will be grown in much the same places as they were this year because the supports are in place.

Apart from leeks, I don't grow much in the C group.

D is always growing  something - tomatoes, cucumber, salad leaves.

Still with me? Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Vinny

Messages In This Thread
Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by Veggie - 19-08-2021, 09:19 PM
RE: Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by JJB - 20-08-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by Bren - 20-08-2021, 10:19 AM
RE: Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by Veggie - 20-08-2021, 04:35 PM
RE: Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by Vinny - 20-08-2021, 07:07 PM
RE: Overwhelmed in Summer, not winter? - by JJB - 20-08-2021, 06:00 PM