Garden And Gossip Forums
The garden from scratch - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: My Garden Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Dear Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+--- Thread: The garden from scratch (/showthread.php?tid=983)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The garden from scratch - Vinny - 11-06-2023

(11-06-2023, 06:55 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My very first flower on my Francis E lester rambling rose has opened.

It’s going to be a mass of flowers when the rest of the buds open. It’s so exciting    Cool .
I've got a rose like that that rambles through my 12 foot high rhododendron! I thought it was a dog rose and keep hacking it back! Blush

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 04-07-2023

Finally some progress on bed 2. Finished filling it with skews help. He was digging out the soil and I was shovelling it into the barrow. It work really well. Once I’d explained I didn’t want my sunflowers dug up and he moved his attention to the right bit of the heap. Big Grin .

Also placed the plants where I think they’re going. Planted tulips in the chimney and around the base of it. Also put an aubrieta in the chimney, hopefully it’ll cascade down the side. Probably won’t get to plant the rest of the bed until Thursday. It’s definitely a good start.

[attachment=6769]

RE: The garden from scratch - JJB - 05-07-2023

That's going to look lovely. It'll be really interesting to look back at these photos when the plants are established and flowering

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 05-07-2023

This is what’s in bed 2.

[attachment=6773]

I did manage to plant half of it today. I might put some primroses in the top half between the lupins & oregano. 

I’m very happy with how bed 1 is looking after such a short time.

[attachment=6774]

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 06-07-2023

Bed 2 is finished. I did plant 3 primrose clumps in the far end of the bed. And like bed 1, a thick layer of wood chip. Also forget to put the tulip varieties on my plan yesterday. They are pink impression, purple prince & Rosalie.

[attachment=6775]

I also planted 3 honeysuckle in the corner, against the fence and a couple more clumps of primrose.

[attachment=6776]

This is just the start of the climbers that will be  going along the fence.

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 13-08-2023

The very first thing in the veggie garden. That’s in its final place.

[attachment=6924]

It may only be a compost bin. But it’s a start.  Big Grin . And it’s 3 quarters full.  Big Grin .

RE: The garden from scratch - JJB - 13-08-2023

One of many to come probably.

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 15-08-2023

A little rusty horseshoe fence. I’ve got to finish the other side. I have all the bits , unfortunately some are back at Edith. so will have to wait until it’s empty again.

[attachment=6926]

I need a few more broken and rusty pieces of gardening tools to edge the back of the daffodil and foxglove bed. I’m collecting them slowly.

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 30-08-2023

Done some work on bed 3 today. It’s only a small bed. Still need to dig the trench round it.

[attachment=6977]
I’ve still got some bulbs to plant. Then I’ll see how much space is left for something else. No you’re not imagining it I really have planted an empty pot. That the space for a very special plant I’ve not brought yet. 

It’s great fun choosing what plants are going to go in each bed. It’s like having my own personal garden centre    Big Grin .

[attachment=6978]

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 31-08-2023

Finished bed 3

Doesn’t look very full with lots of sleeping bulbs in there.

[attachment=6986]

I dug the ditch around it after I took the photo.

This is what’s in the bed.

[attachment=6987]