Garden And Gossip Forums
The garden from scratch - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: My Garden Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Dear Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+--- Thread: The garden from scratch (/showthread.php?tid=983)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 25-05-2023

Planted sunflowers on the heap of peat / earth that I’ve kept from digging the foundations. It will eventually fill my raised beds. But for now, it’s the I’ve got to plant it somewhere bed  Big Grin .

[attachment=6447]

The 3 canes on the right are the sunflowers from bird seed. So I’ll be interested to see what sort they are.

RE: The garden from scratch - Vinny - 26-05-2023

(25-05-2023, 07:59 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Planted sunflowers on the heap of peat / earth that I’ve kept from digging the foundations. It will eventually fill my raised beds. But for now, it’s the I’ve got to plant it somewhere bed  Big Grin .

The 3 canes on the right are the sunflowers from bird seed. So I’ll be interested to see what sort they are.
With a view like that I would never get owt done! Rolleyes I would just drag out my deck chair and a book and chill out! Big Grin

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 27-05-2023

Rock edging is now done. Bob helped move the last few rocks into place. Just got to fill it and work out what’s going in with the lupins.

[attachment=6460]

It looks even bigger.

RE: The garden from scratch - Vinny - 28-05-2023

Ahhh, another one who loves there kidney shaped beds or lawns! Big Grin

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 30-05-2023

A new creation in the garden.

Hoops from a wooden barrel. My idea to put the together and on a spike. Bob decided to make it spin. Which it does. Hopefully on windy days it’ll propel itself.

[attachment=6547]

A bed will be created under it at some point.

RE: The garden from scratch - Veggie - 30-05-2023

Brilliant, SC. Might make a good bird scarer when its spins.

RE: The garden from scratch - Scarlet - 31-05-2023

(30-05-2023, 10:29 PM)Small chilli Wrote: A new creation in the garden.

Hoops from a wooden barrel. My idea to put the together and on a spike. Bob decided to make it spin. Which it does. Hopefully on windy days it’ll propel itself.

A bed will be created under it at some point.
I have several very similar balls...I can't remember where i got the hoops from but I wired them together and use on the ground as plant supports.

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 10-06-2023

The last trailer load of plants has been moved

[attachment=6621]

Just 2 more things to move. Which are going to be tricky. A fish box full of sweet peas. And a tractor tyre ( back tyre , so big ) full of rhubarb. 

I might have to try to rescue some of the very well established herbs that are still in the ground.

RE: The garden from scratch - Small chilli - 11-06-2023

My very first flower on my Francis E lester rambling rose has opened.

[attachment=6626]

It’s going to be a mass of flowers when the rest of the buds open. It’s so exciting    Cool .

RE: The garden from scratch - Veggie - 11-06-2023

Beautiful. Big Grin