Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - How's your weather today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Weather (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 2021 - How's your weather today? (/showthread.php?tid=800)

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 18-04-2021

Frost again last night. I've told the weathermen on the telly quite forcefully that I've had enough of the cold nights, but no one listens to me..........no change there then.

RE: How's your weather today? - Veggie - 18-04-2021

Another pleasantly warm day - I could get used to this. Its perfect weather for gardening , not too hot nor cold. Neither wind nor rain or frost. A little warmer overnight would be the icing on the cake.
The soil is perfect for digging up buttercups - lift a clump on the fork, give them a shake and all the soil falls off leaving a bundle of roots. Lots of worms making me happy - and the chooks if they spot them first!

RE: How's your weather today? - Bren - 18-04-2021

After a frosty start it turned out to be a shorts and t-shirt day Big Grin

RE: How's your weather today? - Scarlet - 18-04-2021

Beautiful here today...a full days gardening but we keep having hard frosts. Even with fleecing some of my dahlias have been hit and also lots of my roses Sad

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 19-04-2021

Another brilliant morning, not a cloud in the sky. Down to -1C last night, but tonight's forecast is for positive temps for once. Positively tropical!

RE: How's your weather today? - Scarlet - 19-04-2021

(19-04-2021, 09:45 AM)JJB Wrote: Another brilliant morning, not a cloud in the sky.  Down to -1C last night, but tonight's  forecast is for positive temps for once.  Positively tropical!
Really?? I hope so. It's getting very hard keeping plants looking good.

RE: How's your weather today? - Scarlet - 19-04-2021

Just checked my night time temps for the next few nights....3,6,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,5!!!!

OMG! That's still so cold.

Just to add my hose pipe is frozen so I can't use it until it's warmed up and every water butt I have is empty - no rain here for weeks.

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 19-04-2021

(19-04-2021, 09:52 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Just checked my night time temps for the next few nights....3,6,1,2,3,3,4,5,5,5,5!!!!

OMG! That's still so cold.

Just to add my hose pipe is frozen so I can't use it until it's warmed up and every water butt I have is empty - no rain here for weeks.

I agree Scarlet.  Totally chilly.  It comes to something when I'm pleased that it's not a minus figure, but the low positives are still a burden.  We are going to be so late hardening off and planting out this year.  I ordered some busy lizzies which were delivered last week totally frosted, they had obviously been somewhere unprotected overnight.  I'm not sure the replacements will be any better. Sad

Fingers crossed for warmer nights.

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 27-04-2021

The weather people said last night it's been the coldest April for years and the driest on record. I can believe it! They promised showers today but the promise is dwindling.

RE: How's your weather today? - Bren - 27-04-2021

We have rain Big Grin. the first in what seems weeks.