Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - How's your weather today? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Weather (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: 2021 - How's your weather today? (/showthread.php?tid=800)

RE: How's your weather today? - Spec - 08-04-2021

Terrible, cold, strong winds, heavy rain with occasional sleet

RE: How's your weather today? - Admin - 08-04-2021

Dull, dry and cold

RE: How's your weather today? - Vinny - 08-04-2021

Not as bad as the forecast predicted. Bit of sunshine, lot of cloud and of course the proverbial wind which seems to have been particularly bad this year.

RE: How's your weather today? - Bren - 08-04-2021

Its been cold, windy and sunny.

RE: How's your weather today? - Mark_Riga - 08-04-2021

Dry and quite mild I think. Not been out much as farmer muck spreading and blowing this way. Could be stuff from the local turkey farm by the smell. Hopefully the wind changes direction tomorrow from SW to NW, a bit colder but fresher.

RE: How's your weather today? - Mark_Riga - 12-04-2021

A very pleasant day today but a hard frost forecast in these parts tomorrow, possibly -6C. I've tomatoes on the GH floor with fleece over. The dahlias (tubers) are uncovered but should be OK. I have a few spare courgette plants on the floor as well that I'm just seeing how they get on uncovered.

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 13-04-2021

-3°C recorded last night. Lovely sun on waking, the sky hasn't a cloud (solar panels will be at max efficiency) I don't feel so bad about heating the gh then. Tenders all wrapped up so should be ok but like Mark I'm going to have to risk some uncovered on the floor soon due to lack of space.

RE: How's your weather today? - Bren - 13-04-2021

It was -1.7c in my GH overnight soon as the sun hit the garden auto vents opened as the temp jumped up. Toms are out in the GH with everything else outside. My seedling do get some leg miles in.

RE: How's your weather today? - JJB - 17-04-2021

-2C outside last night for quite a while. +1 or 2C on the gh unprotected staging and +5.5 under bubblewrap and fleece. GH heater working quite hard on and off most of the night to keep it frost free. Beautiful in the sun today and it won't be long before the gh is in th 30's.

P is looking at buying a temperature recorder that gives a pdf of the graph of the temperature throughout the night. Another big boy's toy, but might be interesting (if he ever gets round to it). They're not as expensive as I thought they would be. I think he ought to have been a weatherman.

RE: How's your weather today? - PyreneesPlot - 17-04-2021

Still bitterly cold (for us) here, with frosts at night almost all week. I would normally have had most tender plants outside during the day and in the blowaway at night but so far they're all still in the house!
If you buy French wine stock up early as a third of the vines have been damaged by the cold this spring Sad