Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 14-06-2021

Planted out another dozen fuchsia today, this time into the ground, I then checked over my onions and removed one seed head, I think the change in night temperatures is going to cause a problem again, so will need to check them regularly

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 15-06-2021

I fed all my tunnels. Tied up and removed arm pits from tomatoes. Made a sign. To remind me and anyone else that goes into the tunnel. That there is a slow worm or adder living under the ground sheet at the moment. Nearly stood on the poor thing last 3 days. So I made a sign & barrier

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-06-2021

Armpitted tomatoes.
Watered new plantings plus cabbages, climbing beans and cucumber.
Planted out cucumbers, kales, lettuces and some replacement pumpkins.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-06-2021

The lawnmower went off-piste and mowed a small gooseberry bush that was hidden in the long grass.
Managed to salvage 4oz of tiny green goosegogs that are stewing with lots of brown sugar as we speak.
The bush has been turned into cuttings, sitting in a bucket of water, until I decide where to plant them.
Cut back a goat willow that was shading lots of flowers and a bramble. I know about the bramble because it cut my hand and I had to go back to the house to stop the bleeding. Should have been wearing gloves but I'd put them on a log while I did something delicate and not put them back on - mainly because Ted had picked one up and run off with it.!!
Very hot again - too hot to plant or sow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-06-2021

Dug 2 stalks of rogue Nicola potatoes very happy with the results Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-06-2021

(15-06-2021, 06:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I fed all my tunnels. Tied up and removed arm pits from tomatoes. Made a sign. To remind me and anyone else that goes into the tunnel. That there is a slow worm or adder living under the ground sheet at the moment. Nearly stood on the poor thing last 3 days. So I made a sign & barrier
Very honourable of you SC, do these snakes keep the rodent population ?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 16-06-2021

Slow worms are lizards rather than snakes, Can and they eat slugs and other invertebrates. They love living under the grass mulch on my veg beds Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 16-06-2021

(15-06-2021, 10:16 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(15-06-2021, 06:14 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I fed all my tunnels. Tied up and removed arm pits from tomatoes. Made a sign. To remind me and anyone else that goes into the tunnel. That there is a slow worm or adder living under the ground sheet at the moment. Nearly stood on the poor thing last 3 days. So I made a sign & barrier
Very honourable of you SC, do these snakes keep the rodent population ?
I’ve started an information thread on the wildlife section    Smile . Adders do eat small rodents, but not enough to make my garden trouble free.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-06-2021

How did you find him if he was under the ground sheet?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-06-2021

Erected a tromba support yesterday, today is.........wait for it.........planting trombas!