Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 11-06-2021

Watered early morning we've had no real rain for ages, potted a cuc that I'd previously had rooting in water after the main plant gave up. looks like its going to survive. Smile

Made 4 jars of rhubarb, orange and ginger jam.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-06-2021

^^^^ Looking very neat and tidy, JJB.Smile
I planted some more random flowery plants. I suppose I should have a planting plan with carefully coordinated colours and height and seasonal accents - however, I'm just bunging them in wherever it takes my fancy.Smile
Still haven't planted the toms but I did clear some space and took some bags of compost into the GH so that's progress.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 11-06-2021

Took some camellia & clematis cuttings, hope they take. Found one of my pink rowan has germinated.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-06-2021

Planted out the second patch of sweetcorn Picasso this time. Sorting out compost bin where roots are getting in.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 12-06-2021

Pulled some old bolting leeks and put in the new ones, planted out a couple of tomatoes, harvested strawberries (puny ones this year but today there were a bunch), watered, and brought some flowers home for the vase. Strimming needs to happen soon!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 12-06-2021

Netted a strawberry patch. Finding netting of a suitable size was a challenge, in fact finding the netting at all tried my patience - note to self tidy the shed. Moved the new strawberry trefoil tower into the fruit cage as it was beyond me how to net it. Planted some sad and sorry leftover tomatoes in the outside soil in the forlorn hope that blight might not get them. A very hot sweaty drippy day.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 12-06-2021

Watered everything in tunnels and bracken bashing around the trees at the plot.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 12-06-2021

Pulled up more bolted lettuce in the GH and fed them to the chooks - they love them! Still haven't planted any more toms...........maybe tom-orrow. Smile
Was going to move some log slices but found a little frog lurking under one, so replaced the log very carefully as I didn't want to squash the little fella.
Pulled up some weeds on path edges instead.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 12-06-2021

Been unable to do much in the garden for the last few days so had a bit of catching up.
Did the weekly sow list.
Pricked out cabbages, lettuces, celery & artichokes.
Potted on cayenne peppers.
Weeded and topped up the compost on pots of kale and sprouts because the ground isn't free for them yet.
Watered.
Degunked the pond.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 13-06-2021

Started off with a batch of sour dough bread.
Watered strawberry patch
tied up tomatoes and weeded round them - greenhouse has been up over 15 years and nettles are still germinating inside and this year even a broom.
watered seedling carrots, first planting never appeared so have some carrots going to seed to collect for next year, same with parsnips and onions.

Yesterday my daughter and little helper were visiting. They helped to weed the main onion patch which seems to be surviving the allium leaf miners and a flower bed, whether they will survive the weeding we'll see. I hoed and weeded the maincrop potatoes, weeded the strawberries and covered them. I only found 2 strawberries missing.