Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 09-06-2021

Saying I'm going to do something is always a mistake! I didn't clear GH No 2. Instead I planted lots of Honey Bear squash seedlings- one of the successes from my random old seed sowing. I'm hoping to train them up the wire pea tunnel.
Weeded the sides of a path that had narrowed from about 4' to 1. It hasn't been mowing since last autumn - most of the paths are in the same condition!

I wonder what I won't do tomorrow?????????

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 09-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 08:18 AM)JJB Wrote: Yesterday got the gh's planted.  Notwithstanding my vow not to overcrowd, there's an awful lot of stuff in there.  P will be moaning about not being able to get in for the triffids...........moan on, I dont care! Big Grin
Today is work for the first time in ages, wonder if I can still use a computer and type??

Got to work yesterday and got sent home!  Boss hadn't got the work he had anticipated ready for me.  No problem,  went home and got started on sweetcorn planting.
Today  finished planting one patch of sweetcorn.   Planted out some of Scarlet's mystery beans - all too close to other things but as I'd put the sticks up already I couldn't be bothered to dismantle and move them.   Potted on some toms into tubs.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 09-06-2021

Popped toms armpits and basil tops in water to root, planted out more newspaper pot grown lettuce.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 09-06-2021

Fed, watered and mulched tomatoes, chillies, aubergines, pumpkins, corn, cucs, some brassicas. Watered & mulched beans, lettuces, beetroots.
Strimmed around fruit trees, ornamental trees and fruit bushes, and mulched. Strimmed the difficult patch outside the gates.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 10-06-2021

More strimming at the plot.

Took 40 litres of water to the plot!

Sowed more seeds.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 10-06-2021

Planted out some squash and pumpkins, sowed corn, harvested strawberries, did a little watering. Despaired over the tall grass on the uncultivated sections of the plot...

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-06-2021

Planted up a fish box with most of the annuals I was going to put in the front garden. Voles have eaten everything I’ve planted in the boarders. So a fish box on the outside table might see them flower.
Set a mango seed to germinate. Played in the kitchen. Considering mowing the grass now.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 10-06-2021

Dug up last year's leeks (all bolted now) and cleared the area of buttercups and docks. Raked it level. Decided to let it revert to grass rather than grow veggies there. I'll concentrate my crop growing in the fenced areas.
I'm growing another random flower bed alongside so planted a few more odds and ends there.
Still haven't planted more toms in the GH as promised a couple of days ago.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 11-06-2021

Took another 40 litres to the plot, watered some bits....

Planted 23 sweetcorn into a pallet collar....

The old boy next door turned up today, first time I've seen him this year. Whipped out his petrol strimmer and away he went. Wish he'd done that a few days ago, would have stopped me fannying about with my battery one!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-06-2021

Computer lesson today.  There may be hope on the horizon, at least he is using the mouse correctly now for the first time.

Yesterday finished planting one patch with a bit of tidying it will be OK.

[attachment=3112]