Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 05-06-2021

Planted out a mix of different lettuces, weeded and watered. Some seed sowing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 05-06-2021

Cleared out sundries and staging from both greenhouses and placed plants on border soil. Sounds easy but being a wavy mavis I couldn't decide what to plant where and kept changing my mind. Finally planted out the borders of no.1 GH. Planting out No.2's borders is tomorrow's job, but it might rain.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 05-06-2021

Finished preparing the leek bed and planted out the first half, 70 Musselburgh.
Did the weekly sow list, just haricot (dwarf & climbing) in pots, radish & turnips.
De gunked the pond a bit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-06-2021

Mulched part of my hedge, also mulched a new flower bed. I fed the plants in the poly tunnel and harvested a load of garlic (see my Shepard thread on growing garlic). 

I watered and fed all the patio plants. Very impressed with these that I have been feeding and misting with liquid seaweed solution.
[attachment=3073][attachment=3074][attachment=3075][attachment=3076]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 05-06-2021

Best man and his wife visited today so a couple of lunchtime beers and a meal this evening.

Also a quick tour of the plot which he filmed so I'm eagerly awaiting the finished cutSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 06-06-2021

Fixed 2 sets of flowering wall planters, each set holding 12 pots, top level geraniums, next level fuchsia, then trailing begonias finishing with wave petunias, so looking forward to see how they turn out

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-06-2021

Planted tromboncino and vegetable spaghetti.
Went fishing

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 06-06-2021

Replanted some nasturtiums from the tunnel outside into a flower bed as they were beginning to over shadow some of my smaller tomato plats.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 06-06-2021

Planted out the second half of the leeks, 70 bleu de solaise, plus 2 charentaise melons, a couple of replacement tomatoes & pumpkins and some yard long beans.
Potted on some tomatoes (and then gave 2 away) and gherkins. Potted up some rooted goat willow cuttings for the next length of fedge between the bank bed behind the house & the meadow.
Weeded one border and cleared access to an overgrown path. Again!
Degunked the pond.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 07-06-2021

Finally finished planting gh1, started gh2. Figured that as one border of gh2 is virgin soil, incorporated lots of old manure and compost in the planting holes. Hope I haven't overdone it. When it's watered thoroughly watered I'm going to try mulching with P's lawn mowings as this gh hasn't any watering system (apart from me lugging watering cans)