Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-06-2021

Planted the last of the courgettes - only 5 as I've given some away. Must count how many I've planted for the "other" thread.
Did some weeding - enough to fill 2 green waste wheelie bins before they're collected this weekend.
Did a bit of tidying in GH No 3 (the one that gained a table this week).

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 03-06-2021

Day off work so - Cut the grass and strimmed the edges, box hedge to be tackled tomorrow.
Picked some cabbage, leaks and onions for a friend. Pick strawberries for myself

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 04-06-2021

Yesterday was shopping day so only a few afternoon hours. Planted some outside squashes and courgettes.
Today so far repaired some bare grass patches, planted up front drive display tubs. As P was creating grass clippings (mowing) stirred these in the compost bin with some shredded autumn leaves. Planted some more cucurbits - killed one by almost snapping it in half accidentally so repotted it in a deeper pot to see what it will do. Watered non existent carrots, none of mine have germinated, I'm well disappointed. Will sow yet again.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-06-2021

Friday's for Flowers and, since I have a lot of pots from the charity sale, that need planting, I decided to create a flower bed. Needless to say, I haven't planted anything yet but I have dug up lots of buttercups and took out the stump of an old apple tree that was cut down a few years ago. It was like pulling out a rotten tooth (Jimny, look away now!).
I dug around it, tried to lever it out from all sides and, eventually, managed to free it enough that I could rock it to and fro, side to side, and so on until, finally, it leaned enough that I could push it with my foot and out it came, rotten root and all. Big Grin
I also solved the mystery of why none of my 100s of sunflower seeds have germinated. All the empty seedcases were stashed inside the trunk!!
With the stump gone, I can straighten up the path and then, start planting flowers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 04-06-2021

Potted on a couple of cucs and aubergines.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 04-06-2021

Weeded inside and around the pallet collar RB'S

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 04-06-2021

Haven't done much today, as I am feeling a bit tired, so gave all the pots a watering then took a neighbours dog for a walk we are watching the dog for the weekend, we also have two grandsons along with their dog overnight, so it will be an early night tonight

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 04-06-2021

Planted out most dahlias, except 5 ravaged by slugs that are potted up till they recover. I must label them whe they flower so I can decide which to keep for next year. 40 is too many but a lot will be duplicates. Then cut down comfrey and put into 200L butt.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-06-2021

Very wet today and the weekly trip out so only managed to remove the cover from the garlic and give it a weed. It's the first time I've seen it since March and it looks pretty small with a lot missing and many suspicious round holes where there should be garlic. Sad

Cleared half the leek bed ready for planting this weekend. I had cut down the phacelia a couple of weeks ago, just leaving it dumped on the surface, so it just needed borrowing away and the mole &vole runs digging out.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-06-2021

Weeded around the turnips (swedes for you guys & gals), also weeded around some outdoor brassicas. Trimmed the tomato plants of lower leaves and suckers. Fed tomato plants chillies and strawberries.