Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 02-06-2021

Mowed round the fruit trees and mulched them all with the clippings. Then planted out lettuce, red cabbages and psb, hoping the rats have moved on - to rat heaven if possible. Sowed some carrots as earlier sowing seems to have gone to Australia.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 02-06-2021

Removed more carpet but I am feeling it now, even my aches ache!

Going to give the plots a rest for a couple of days

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 02-06-2021

Was a planting day for me today

4 courgettes
1 squash
3 sunflowers
Tree onions

Potted on some chives,
Gave a MFB with 5 mixed lettuces to a neighbour.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 02-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 06:53 PM)Admin Wrote: Removed more carpet but I am feeling it now, even my aches ache!

Going to give the plots a rest for a couple of days

Age doesn't come by it's self Boss, you should ask Veggie for some tips, she's old but you never see any complaints from herBig Grin Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 02-06-2021

Planted out more aubergines & peppers and the second batch of DFBs.
Put in the posts (with MrPP) for a new bit of fence where a very large oak was felled in December 2019 taking a chunk of hedge with it. Rescued the last of the rounds from the trunk which got lost in the brambles and are part of our neighbour's share.
Tidied up the mess left by another wild boar visit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 02-06-2021

Weeded some outdoor raised beds, trimmed lower leaves on cabbages as they’re ready going yellow and a few slugs and snail had had a munch. In the poly tunnel I trimmed parsley both curly and flat leaf as they were going to seed and I’m not collecting them. I pulled a number of carrots that had developed very thick green stalks and experiences has shown they are inedible very hard centres. They were consigned to the composter. I fed my tomatoes and gherkins. Watered the strawberries and other beds. Early spuds are looking tempting to pull a stalk. Tried a Bubble berry strawberry which is a plant I bought last year towards the end of the season, the strawberry was very sweet almost sugar sweet.

[attachment=3053][attachment=3054]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 02-06-2021

(30-05-2021, 07:09 PM)Spec Wrote:
(29-05-2021, 10:58 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Busy putting new handles on 9 doors in the house, not straight forward, had to drill out the doors, also had to fit 2 new locks on the bathroom the ones with the knob you turn on the inside instead of keys. Managed to water all in the tunnel, fairly simple used the irrigation system.

Why 2 locks on the bathroom door Can, are you feart your wife trys to come inConfused Wink
2 Bathrooms Spec Wink sorry your 76 Yeats of age catching up with you, I suppose you were so used to an ‘Outhouse’  Tongue

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 02-06-2021

(02-06-2021, 11:39 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(30-05-2021, 07:09 PM)Spec Wrote:
(29-05-2021, 10:58 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Busy putting new handles on 9 doors in the house, not straight forward, had to drill out the doors, also had to fit 2 new locks on the bathroom the ones with the knob you turn on the inside instead of keys. Managed to water all in the tunnel, fairly simple used the irrigation system.

Why 2 locks on the bathroom door Can, are you feart your wife trys to come inConfused Wink
2 Bathrooms Spec Wink sorry your 76 Yeats of age catching up with you, I suppose you were so used to an ‘Outhouse’  Tongue
Outhouse it was the back of a hedge and docken leafs

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 03-06-2021

Popped to the plot and planted cabbage chard and perpetual spinach plugs.

Checked Sunflowers, 90% eatenSad

I ordered 24 lavender plugs and 72 arrived todaySmileSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 03-06-2021

Erected my bean frame and planted out Scarlett emperor Blauhilde beans.