Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 01-06-2021

Most of my garden work just now is flower related, today I planted more gladioli bulbs, then planted out rudbeckia, asters, dahlias and fuchsia, looking around the garden it looks like the domanant colour seems to be purple, from the bluebell which is a light purple colour, then alliums 15 of them are purple along with lupins and clematis, oh and aquilegia as well, but more colours on the waySmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-06-2021

.........and another day that didn't go to plan (not that I have a Plan).
Started normally, clearing some buttercups to plant some Runner beans...........and then...............
picked up some freebie metal fence panels, the sort that clip together to make small animal pens. I have a cunning plan to enclose the pea and bean frames with it, to stop the dogs and chickens from charging through the canes and trashing the plants. Also picked up 2 dustbins which are always useful for water and compost storage (not mixed together !!)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 01-06-2021

A bit of potting into MFBs, watering then a girly coffee with pals late afternoon.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 01-06-2021

Pricked out some kale - 4 nero, 3 red Russian, 3 1000 head, some mixed lettuces and 6 cucumbers.
Strimmed the veg garden paths and clipped all the path edges while dodging the thunderstorms.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 01-06-2021

Started to tackle the area covered in multi layered carpet today

[attachment=3049]

All day at it but only half cleared Sad

[attachment=3050]

The cat prefered to play hide and seek

[attachment=3051]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 01-06-2021

Watered stuff then went for a long walk in the midday sun.
Resisted making list of jobs still to do as don't have a big enough piece of paper.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 02-06-2021

Wednesday was from watering.

Also did 40 mins strimming.

Put the blowaway greenhouse cover back on!

Planted the remaining Sunflowers, of the 4 I planted yesterday 2 had been eaten so doesn't bode wellSad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 06:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: .........and another day that didn't go to plan (not that I have a Plan).
Started normally, clearing some buttercups to plant some Runner beans...........and then...............
picked up some freebie metal fence panels, the sort that clip together to make small animal pens. I have a cunning plan to enclose the pea and bean frames with it, to stop the dogs and chickens from charging through the canes and trashing the plants. Also picked up 2 dustbins which are always useful for water and compost storage (not mixed together !!)
 Fences in place now, just as the rain arrived - I'm soaked!!
Need it to ease off as I've cleaned out the the chook house and sprayed it with Jeyes Fluid (nice to be able to type Jeyes Wink ) but I need to put clean bedding in and can't do that in the rain. 
I'm spending my time drinking coffee and rethinking my veg growing plans.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 02-06-2021

It was computer lesson day next door. So spent the lovely sunny morning indoors tearing my hair out and despairing (inwardly of course). The got outside eventually and it rained Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 02-06-2021

Watered everything inside and out.
Planted 3 courgette in the bath. Braking up the compost in the bath left from last year and getting it to soak up water was a challenge! Also added more manure to it .
Moved the big heavy metal gate into position ready for planting spaghetti squash.