Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 13-01-2021

As it has warmed up a bit, I sowed some onions: 2 varieties up-to-date and Bedfordshire champion. I usually plant sets but taking a risk on seeds this year. will plant a few onions from last years crop for seeds for next year hopefully. Ailsa Craig might have been a better choice, will see how these store.

I tried to get some seeds from some onions that stored till about June this year but planting them so late I'm not sure how viable the bit of seed I collected last week is. I've sown it so we shall see.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 13-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 05:13 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Brought a bag of compost in this morning to warm up so that I could sow aubergines and maybe chillies this afternoon. Wrote out all the labels and sorted out the modular trays, but sadly the compost is still frozen solid!! Maybe tomorrow ...

Well the compost has defrosted but is still far too cold to use, so I filled all the modules I want to use, popped them on the heat mat and gave them a couple of hours of warmth. Tomorrow I will finally start sowing.

Ordered some more chillies - Fatalii Yellow (my favourite chilli), Jalapeno Felicity, and then some I've not tried before Fatalii Rose, Serrano Violet & Sugar Rush Peach.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 14-01-2021

Got the heated propagator from the coalhouse plus some seed compost to warm

Made some flat breads to go with tonight's curry

Phase2 of the hotbin build

Got some snow pics of the plot and church

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 14-01-2021

Sowed first batch of chillies, peppers and aubergines on the heat mat.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 14-01-2021

Took delivery of a very cheap 'grow light' assembly to see if it will make a difference to early seedlings. Not going for major investment this year, will wait to see how early showings get on. Sowed seeds Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 14-01-2021

Spent lots of today sorting ,researching seeds. Making seed envelopes. Researching more drainage.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 15-01-2021

Sowed some seeds
Tidied one of the strawberry patches.
Pruned the roses.
P removed a couple of fence panels due for replacement- I assisted occasionally

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 15-01-2021

Cleared paths through the snow at the back, front, and to the car (Can't remember the last time I did this!).

Washed the mini props and lids that sit on the heated tray.

Made some paper pots.

Hotbin build phase3, decided on a slight design amendment!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 15-01-2021

Dug out my heated propagator and set it up on the kitchen window sill. Its a bit of an eyesore so it may get moved to the bedroom with the same sunny aspect. Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 15-01-2021

How life changes, just back in the house after taking my granddaughter's car up to the station, I had to pick it up earlier after it had some work done on it so whe GD arrived at the station I let her get the car, she offered to give me a lift but as she works in Glasgow I didn't want to risk anything so told her I would walk home it's only a couple of miles but as I set off she shouted after me to tell me to phone her when I got home, just so that she knows I am OK, that's the kind of thing her gran tells her and the other grandchildren to do, I don't know if it's because she doesn't walk as far as that, or if she thinks I am getting old Confused Rolleyes