Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 30-05-2021

Raked a roughly dug patch then planted out some squash, pumpkins and sweetcorn. Hope they grow fast before the weeks )couch, dandelion and buttercup) break through. Armpitted and watered tomatoes. Checked autumn planted onions for white-rot and pulled up about 20. Disposed of a bit of soil round each one. Not too much damage on them but too many to use quickly. Not sure what to do with them all as wont keep very long.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 30-05-2021

A warm day today, so started off by giving everything a good soak, then listened to the church service, which took us up to lunch time, after that I dug up daffodil bulbs and stood them in pots for storage, cleared the bed of weeds, then planted up with Bishops Children and cactus dahlias, balloon asters and some French marigolds, also planted some gladioli, after that I mixed some sand and gravel, compost along with soil I had collected from mole hills, placed a bit of turf upside down into 6 MFBs then filled them with the mix, I added some 6X half way in the bucket gave them a good watering and will plant them up tomorrow with chrysants

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 30-05-2021

Weeded my raised bed with shallots and rhubarb, then gave a dressing of granular seaweed fertiliser. Planted out parsnips beside my beetroot and peas. Set up a climbing frame for the peas in the raised bed and fixed the hood open. Planted the last of my tomato plants and last gherkin they were what was left over after giving others to my friends and family. Planted out some sunflower seedlings. I then went for a spin on my big yellow quad.

[attachment=3025]
[attachment=3026][attachment=3027]
[attachment=3028]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 31-05-2021

Planted out runner beans, CFB, leeks, lettuce, celery. Direct sown some seeds.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-05-2021

Its been another day that took an unexpected turn!!
Someone local was giving away a pine dining table which was in better nick than the IKEA one I have in the kitchen so I bagged it!
That meant that the kitchen table with the computer etc on had to be moved out into the garden.............
What to do with it?
Brainwave - into GH No 3 as a seedling table............that meant the GH had to be emptied, including the 2 tier wooden potting bench where all the empty pots were stored.
Table goes in GH.........but what to do with the bench?
Brainwave - into the garage to take some of the junk off the floor.............that meant part of the garage had to be emptied ...........
I still have lots of organising to do in the GH, but it was time for that anyway!!
Feeling exhausted Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 31-05-2021

Started planting out some cabbages despite the heat - 7 red drumhead, 10 greyhound & 8 earliest of all.
Dead headed roses.
Removed the wire fencing at the front between the gates and the boundary because the hedge is grown up enough.
Pruned the row of maples along the drive, so far only 2 have been nibbled by deer so they are actually growing, but are so misshapen after being stripped of all new growth last year!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 31-05-2021

Potted on a late germinated squash then planted up a cuc that I'd rooted in water, it seems to have picked up fine.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 31-05-2021

Planted out Veggie's Sonesta DFBs and some CFB Marvel of Venice. Put up more bean sticks. Cleared gh staging to free up borders. Made difficult decisions around what to keep, what to give away and what to dump. Didn't dump much.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Proserpina - 31-05-2021

I have potted on some of my (TMTT) micro-dwarf tomatoes. Five of the plants are now in their likely final containers - one 1L x yoghurt pot, 3 x 600ml soup containers, and 1 x 500ml yoghurt pot. They are looking good. The other plants will have to wait until I come into more suitable containers, but I'll have at least another 1L yoghurt pot for them in the next few days (as I'm nearly finished eating it).

I've also potted on 8 of my 11 dwarf sunflowers. They will definitely need moving on in a few weeks, but I'm hoping to sneak most of them outside into various places on the hospital grounds rather than keeping them as window-sill plants.

I've done some general shuffling round of plants to try and maximise the sun they all get. I've taken advantage of a momentary gap in flatmates (weird disgusting flatmate has moved into another flat because the window in her room wouldn't open and even she couldn't stand the heat any more despite her complete aversion to fresh air, and the locum who has been here the past few days seems to have left this morning) to claim the kitchen window sill as happy plant land, as my window sill and the living room window sill just aren't enough any more!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-06-2021

Planted remaining  4 squash, 6 courgettes, and 4 sunflowers