Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 29-05-2021

Should have added made up, some baskets, also put some out to harden off one of them being a basket of tomatoes, never been that successful with cordon or bush tomatoes outside, but basket tomatoes always seem to give a good harvest

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 29-05-2021

Did some more extreme hoeing again today. Get harder now as the weeds are tangled in a layer of old carpet!

Getting there slowly

[attachment=3016]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 29-05-2021

Busy putting new handles on 9 doors in the house, not straight forward, had to drill out the doors, also had to fit 2 new locks on the bathroom the ones with the knob you turn on the inside instead of keys. Managed to water all in the tunnel, fairly simple used the irrigation system.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-05-2021

Planted out 20 CFB's and 28 DFB's.

Uncovered the area where the squashes/courgettes are going, I've decided against planting through the weed membrane so my thinking is I will plant each one through a cardboard collar thingy then mulch with grass/moss.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 30-05-2021

As mentioned on another thread I visited the allotment plot today.

I came a way with half a dozen dwarf sunflowers and three large growing sunflowers. Once home I decided to plant them in my 'wild' area I have purposely left to encourage wild life. I have sown wild flower seeds in it and bird friendly flower seeds. Dwarf sunflowers shouldn't look out of place so I just took small plugs of grass out and planted them. I put slug pellets around each as slugs seem to be drawn to sunflowers and watered each in.
I was pleased to see my Charlotte potatoes I planted in MFB's have finally shown there heads above ground and gave them a good watering to celebrate. Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-05-2021

(30-05-2021, 11:17 AM)Broadway Wrote: Planted out 20 CFB's and 28 DFB's.

Uncovered the area where the squashes/courgettes are going, I've decided against planting through the weed membrane so my thinking is I will plant each one through a cardboard collar thingy then mulch with grass/moss.
Popped back again and planted 6 squash, 1 each Tromboncino, Chieftain, Harlequin, Uchiki, and 2 Table.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 30-05-2021

Planted out coriander, then some more chard, lettuce and perpetual spinach.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 30-05-2021

Watered everything.
Went fishing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 30-05-2021

(29-05-2021, 10:58 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Busy putting new handles on 9 doors in the house, not straight forward, had to drill out the doors, also had to fit 2 new locks on the bathroom the ones with the knob you turn on the inside instead of keys. Managed to water all in the tunnel, fairly simple used the irrigation system.

Why 2 locks on the bathroom door Can, are you feart your wife trys to come inConfused Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 30-05-2021

Potted up some Old Squash seedlings - Jack Be LIttle and Honey Bear. None of the other seeds seem viable.
Started to weed the bed beside GH No 2 - mostly Montbretia!! Planning to put some of the flowers I picked up yesterday there.
Dug up some more Lovage to give away
Noticed flowers on the DFBs in the GH. Smile