Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-05-2021

(25-05-2021, 08:40 PM)Spec Wrote: Got tights off OH and filled them with seaweed and now have them steeping in water to make a feed, I also made a cane wigwam for the peas to climb up, then made a frame for the sunflowers and French beans, all I need to do now is sow the beans
Hope you didn't take OH's tights off in public, Spec!!

For my day - I planted out some CFBs, including Scarlet's Mystery beans and Bijou and Winterkefe Mangetout, potted up some Muscat de Provence squash (old bean sowing), weeded and found 2 Asparagus spears that I'd given up for lost!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 27-05-2021

Tidied up my strawberry plants, clipped some runners, dead leaves etc, then gave them a seaweed feed misting. Misted the tomatoes chillies peppers and gherkins with seaweed feed. Watered some tomato plants before potting on, they are a gift for @ friend of mine. Picked some carrots, kale, leeks, thyme, rosemary, red scallions and white scallions for her also.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 27-05-2021

Moved courgettes and runners out of GH and under cloches. They're solid cloches but could do with sides to give them a bit more height so thats something to sort out after the supermarket shop.
Planted cucs and aubergines in GH

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 27-05-2021

Planted out runners - Gigantes x 12 / Moonlight x 12(RB)

Also planted out 2 Seakale plugs.

Also dug / forked the area where the climbing beans will go, about an inch of water still in places!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 27-05-2021

Had to go to a funeral this morning, once back home I decided to cut the grass but before starting I searched all over it to remove any dandelion seed heads, I spread the cut grass over the rose bed as a mulch

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 27-05-2021

Yesterday mowed everything. Planted up 3 new planters.
Today pricking out, watering, repotted chillies that fell over. Planted out onions. Did some bracken bashing

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 27-05-2021

Busy day today, but when the sun is shining and its tee shirt warm its nice to get a bit done Smile . Finished concreting steps so just need to decide on which type of paving to top them off with? 
Cut the jungle of a lawn and bagged up the grass cuttings for the allotment. In between jobs managed to take Kato for two long walks, one in the woods and the other in more open territory. Big Grin
Sowed three lots of Bee friendly seeds in my wild area of the garden. I was going to tidy the shed but couldn't guarantee that once I had dragged everything out, it wouldn't rain. Rolleyes

May try shed tidying tomorrow.?

I am now gunna take some onion and Butternut plants to the allotment.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - MartinH - 27-05-2021

Today I fitted 19 panes of glass to the 10x8 greenhouse I inherited. Unfortunately I miscounted, I need one more to finish the job!
Then it just needs a proper clean inside and out and I'll be good to go.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 27-05-2021

Fitted canes to the bean frame, planted sunflowers against them, then sowed some climbing French beans beside them, will be interesting to see how they go, as I usually sow them in the greenhouse

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-05-2021

Did a bit of GH clearing, tying up cucumbers, feeding Mr Greedy.
Some weeding in the garden trying to find the paths - the rain has made everything grow fast - everything except the plants I want to grow!
Did some weeding in the front garden too - including digging up some huge thistles under the camellias.
One of the Freecycle people came here this week, looked at the front garden and said "This is very nice, in a wild sort of way" - staring pointedly at the thistles!! I've been putting off tackling them as they are soooooooo prickly - even 2 pairs of gloves didn't stop the spiteful things!