Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 25-05-2021

(25-05-2021, 03:32 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(25-05-2021, 09:47 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm surprised you were let out Mark,  I would have thought you had a list of  new home indoor duties, 'move that', 'paint this', 'fix something else' Smile but it must have been great to stamp your Mark on the garden. Congratulations.
Its Martin, JJB, but "Stamping your Martin on the garden" doesn't sound quite right.Wink

Perfect way to start in your new home, Martin - in the garden. Happy New Home & Garden. Smile

Ooops sorry Martin, thanks for pointing it out V.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 25-05-2021

Dug out 3 apple stumps and another Kiwi brute..along with a few cultivated blackberries

Cream crackered now

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 25-05-2021

(25-05-2021, 05:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: Went to the bedroom and counted the germinating seeds.
Went back an hour later and counted them again...........and so on throughout the day. It gave me hope that, one day, I'll be able to do some outdoor gardening in the dry!

And possibly get to the shops where you can buy pencil and paper so that you can write down the number of germinated seeds, saving you having to go in and out the bedroom all daySmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 25-05-2021

Got tights off OH and filled them with seaweed and now have them steeping in water to make a feed, I also made a cane wigwam for the peas to climb up, then made a frame for the sunflowers and French beans, all I need to do now is sow the beans

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 25-05-2021

I decided to plant out the rest of the tomatoes after all, the tiniest ones ever! Sown late Feb and mid March the attack of fungus gnats have really stunted them, but hopefully they'll get away in the ground.
Also planted out some peppers and aubergines.
Helped MrPP finish building post and rail fencing.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 25-05-2021

Gave away some tomato plants and broccoli plants to a neighbour. I watered my bubble berry babies, watered and fed my tomatoes, chillies, gherkins, and bell peppers.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 26-05-2021

Some leaves showing on the ash tree in the back hedge, so have planted out some fuchsia, also some weeding done, was going to run some string down from the new frame but got some heavy rain, which cut that plan short, but I am now thinking of tieing some long canes in place

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 26-05-2021

Put in climbing beans and cosmos at the plot. Bit of weeding.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 26-05-2021

Just got round to planting out my leeks. Like blades of grass, a bit close at 4" apart but can thin out if get too crowded. The soil was very wet, almost like mud in places but the garlic nearby seems to be doing OK so hopefully leeks will as well.
Did a bit of rough mowing round some fruit trees where the grass has really shot up. Next time will attach the collector so as to mulch round the trees - just in case we have a heat wave  Cool.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-05-2021

Sieved loads of compost for more planting out today - beetroots, lettuces, turnips, climbing beans, pea beans.
Planted up the last of the new herbs, a curry plant in a big pot.
Fed the plants in modules that aren't ready to go out.
Strimmed around the new fence.
Bit of pottering and dead-heading.