Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 24-05-2021

Planted out
Black, Dwarf curly and Scarlet Kales.
Perpetual Spinach
Chard
Gutter sown radishes.

then I got rained of for the day Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 24-05-2021

Yesterday the first tomatoes went out, 6 marmande & 6 pyros, but my own are still too small.
Planted up 3 baskets with scarlet geraniums and spider plants as usual.
Cleared more broad beans.
Cut the edges of most of the veg garden paths.

Today mulched the hedges.
Cleared more broadies and mulched the ground.
Put back the soil and mulch displaced by the wild boar around some trees, and then weeded the disturbed ground in one of the borders. Certainly easier to get the dandelions out!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 24-05-2021

Potted on 100+ colius, made up some flower baskets

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 25-05-2021

Mulched 1/4 of the front hedge with loam from the bog

RE: 2021 - What I did today - MartinH - 25-05-2021

Yesterday I had my first day of gardening at my new home!

I dug up some lawn to plant four rows of potatoes that have been sat in egg boxes since February.
I also got my sweet peas planted, they too were desperate to get out of the rootrainers they've been in since March.

Finally I mowed the (now somewhat shrunken) lawn with my brand new mower.

I'm a bit stiff this morning from all that digging but it's worth it!
I'll start a thread with photos once I've got internet, hopefully tomorrow.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 25-05-2021

I'm surprised you were let out Mark, I would have thought you had a list of new home indoor duties, 'move that', 'paint this', 'fix something else' Smile but it must have been great to stamp your Mark on the garden. Congratulations.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 25-05-2021

Filled some gaps in my onion bed with some spares I had in a seed tray. Same with peas where, I presume rats have had a nibble (feast more like), not too hopefull they will not go the same way. Some of the bonsai'd ones are trying to put out new shoots.
Sowed a few cauli as rats have eaten nearly all the ones I had planted out.
Cut down some comfrey plants and stuffed into 200L water butt.
Earthed up potatoes to hopefully keep them out of sight of the rats.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-05-2021

(25-05-2021, 09:47 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm surprised you were let out Mark,  I would have thought you had a list of  new home indoor duties, 'move that', 'paint this', 'fix something else' Smile but it must have been great to stamp your Mark on the garden. Congratulations.
Its Martin, JJB, but "Stamping your Martin on the garden" doesn't sound quite right.Wink

Perfect way to start in your new home, Martin - in the garden. Happy New Home & Garden. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-05-2021

After spending a good amount of time tying boot & beam links together a few weeks ago. This morning I cut all the metal ties off again and separated them. Still more to do. Lined a hanging baskets with sheep’s fleece & planted up with more strawberries. Potted on some lupins. Watered everything.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 25-05-2021

Went to the bedroom and counted the germinating seeds.
Went back an hour later and counted them again...........and so on throughout the day. It gave me hope that, one day, I'll be able to do some outdoor gardening in the dry!