Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 22-05-2021

Cleared some bolting lettuce and chard from the GH.
Fed the lettuce to Mr Greedy and replanted the chard in the retirement home for seeding plants - had to weed it first.
I like visiting the retirement home as you never know what you'll find there. Spotted parsnips, lettuce, landcress, various Chinese leaves, elephant garlic, broad beans, potatoes, lovage, wallflowers and gooseberry and blackcurrant cuttings.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 22-05-2021

Roughly cleared weeds from half the fruit cage and put some extra supports in to strengthen it. This should help the gooseberries, red and black currants and a couple of cherry trees to produce better. Just got the raspberries and another couple of cherries to clear round and then repair the netting so birds can't get in before anything ripens. The JoanJ raspberries are looking a bit ropey so will keep a few runners that are looking good as replacements.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 22-05-2021

Cut the grass, front, back and front lane side. Spread the cut grass under the raspberry canes, cut out dead canes, potted on some tomato plants and gherkins for my son, had some neighbours called in to get a few tomato plants, they also got gherkins and cabbage plants. Then fed all my strawberries and tomatoes in the tunnel. Watered everything in the tunnel. Fed some of the patio plants and shrubs with seaweed feed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 23-05-2021

Well yesterday....

Planted 8 tomatoes in the plot blow-away greenhouse. It was as damp inside as out but they have nowhere else to go. It also has 4 cucs, and 2 each of chillies aubergines & peppers.

Also planted out 20 leeks.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 23-05-2021

I planted outside some CFB and DFB then blow me the temp went down to 2°C at 4.00am this morning! Do you sometimes feel that nature is out to get us? Luckily I fleeced what I could.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 23-05-2021

This morning planted 22 beetroot plugs and 22 perpetual spinach plugs.

Also weeded the parsnip bed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 23-05-2021

Erected brassica cage.
Planted the first of my sunflowers still got 3 more to find space for, then planted spring onions I’d sown in gutters.

Didn’t get much else done in-between the showers Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 24-05-2021

Yesterday planted some gh things in MFB's then got fed up with being drenched and gave up. Looks like today will be a repeat performance.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 24-05-2021

No gardening today, town visit for warfarin / INR blood test. Whilst in town dropped some bits off in the charity shop. 

Also popped into a hotel/bar we frequently visit, or used to post lock down.  Mrs B has been gagging for her coffee & cake so is now a happy bunny, oh and I had a lager to make the blood test results even worse!

As an aside I probably need to get these beans out soon?

[attachment=2965]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 24-05-2021

Potted up some Queensland Blue Squash (from the old seed sowing), played in the GH between showers, did some weeding when the rain stopped. Nothing memorable today.