Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 19-05-2021

Joined 2 veggie beds together to get rid of a silly little path between them that needs mowing.
Emptied the soil from a leaky plastic pond that I have been using as a raised bed - onto the former path. Turning it into a raised bed wasn't my brightest of ideas. Wink
Potted up some mint cuttings and swapped them for a book!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 19-05-2021

Wednesday is now weeding day so guess whatSmile

Probably need a good 7 hrs to get things into shape then hopefully a couple of hours a week. Will probably remove the weed membrane around the pallet collar beds as it was more of a hindrance today!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-05-2021

Did the weekly sow list.
Clipped some of the smaller hedges where there clearly weren't any birds nesting.
Tidied around the pond a bit - the brambles are trying to grow into it. Cleared some more algae from the pond.
Planted out the first 5 chillies and 5 aubergines.
Cleared the first row of broad beans hit by chocolate spot.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 19-05-2021

Got the rest of the chilli pots filled ready for planting.
Planted DFB and basil
Did a bit of rearranging & tidying of the strawberry hanging baskets.
Repotted spare tomatoes, chillies & cucumber
Repotted tromboncino & vegetable spaghetti

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 19-05-2021

Visited the local Bank Manager with  view to setting up a new account. The two Banks I bank with are closing all local branches so decided to get a bank account with a local bank. Cool
Appointment is tomorrow. He assured me his Bank is their for the duration, so we shall see. Rolleyes

Called at allotment on way back from shopping and decided to leave greenhouse door open to try and harden off plants a bit. It will be just my luck for there to be a hard frost tonight! Angry

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 19-05-2021

Our oldest grandson came down and pressure washed the patio, I set things up then went for a walk as he needs to work things out for himself, when I came back he was about finished and now that the area is dry he has done a good job, I collected more turff from my neighbour and have topped up two beds that were a bit low, I planted some tomatoes and marigolds in the greenhouse, then planted some gladioli in a raised bed, I have planted them quite well spaced out, then I will plant the rest in three or four weeks time, so that I can extend the flowering time.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 19-05-2021

Not a lot just repotted some tomato plants and gherkin plants, also some nasturtiums then brought them with some seaweed fertiliser with me when meeting my workmates

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 20-05-2021

Haven't done much today received sad new early this morning, OH is very upset about it, so just couldn't get motivated after that

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 20-05-2021

(((Hugs Spec))) x

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 20-05-2021

Think of you and your lovely lady spec x