Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 10-01-2021

Painted some pallet collars at the plot, it was a nice day

Planted the remaining broad beans

Played the 3rd / 4th place chess game

Family weigh in this morning, fitness / exercises to start next week, watch this space!!!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 10-01-2021

(09-01-2021, 09:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Can with filling turf bunker, are you referring to filling it with peat?
No spec, fill it with sods of turf for the fire

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 10-01-2021

Dug six 12" wide × 12" deep x 15' long trenches for the brasicas, back filled with a 4" layer of manure then filledin completely with the spoil and covered.

Once settled these will be used for used for PSB, Kale, Cauliflowers, Sprouts and Broccoli

The cabbage beds were done early December

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 10-01-2021

Went for a walk on the Bog with the wife, seen where someone had dumped holly bush clippings, brought a few home, put some in water to root, others I put rooting gel compound on the stalks and then potted in some potting compost and soil. I trimmed the end of each stalk up to a nodule and removed a number of leaves, the leaves were very sharp and thorny.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 10-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 09:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Can with filling turf bunker, are you referring to filling it with peat?
No spec, fill it with sods of turf for the fire
Thanks Can never heard of that before

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 11-01-2021

Popped over the plot early doors to put another coat of paint on some of the pallet collars.

Took delivery of the bits from Wilko.

Popped into town for my INR blood test, in range so back in a fortnightSmile The surgery was very busy, lots of older folk getting their covid vaccinesSmileSmile

Planted (in modules) 48 onion sets (Sturon) and 48 garlic bulbs (Germidour/Casablanca).

Started a fitness/exercise plan(thingy) - 3 laps of the woods/canal circuit/start end at my front door - 5k steps. Resistance exercises for the upper body! (Myself and No.2 sonSmile)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 11-01-2021

Started to clear a patch of nettles and brambles where I want to plant the loganberry and tayberry I got last year from Aldi. Spent a couple of hours but quite hard going, was glad when it started to rain.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 12-01-2021

Planted (in modules) the remainder of the onion sets (60) and garlic bulbs(7). I don't really need them but can always give them away. (You get a fair few onions sets for your money in WilkoSmile)

Positioned, levelled(ish), and layered 3 more pallets collars at the plot. Layered with tree clippings, cardboard, grass, leafs, and manure.

Ordered 10 Joan J canes.

Not much exercise apart from the general stomping around to get to 10k. Aching a bit from yesterdaySmile

Edit/Update...Forgot to say got myself a refurbished Kindle Fire, arrived today, prefer this for watching my shows, I gave my old one to Mrs B about a year or so ago.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 12-01-2021

Brought a bag of compost in this morning to warm up so that I could sow aubergines and maybe chillies this afternoon. Wrote out all the labels and sorted out the modular trays, but sadly the compost is still frozen solid!! Maybe tomorrow ...

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 12-01-2021

Sorted out seed swap parcel. Spent a lovely afternoon googling all the different tomatoes and other seeds. Now the difficult bit, which to choose to grow.