Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 17-05-2021

Shuffled the GHs around, moving seedlings out of GH No 3 (the sowing and pricking out GH) into No 1 or No 4 depending on where there was a space.
Sorted out more out of date squashes/pumpkins and sowed them - approx. 200 seeds have been given their freedom. Grow free little seeds - a bigger space awaits you (though not all of you Wink)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 17-05-2021

Sowed parsnips in loo rolls, potted on aubergines & strawberry crown pumpkins.
Finished weeding and digging out the mole runs in the future miscellaneous bed.
Chopped down all the phacelia and dumped on the bed to break down a bit & protect the soil before leek planting in a few weeks. It'll all end up on the compost heap!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 18-05-2021

Planted 4 cucumbers in the plot blow-away GH.

Built a taller netting structure for the brussels.

Marked out the area for the squashes and courgettes, currently stands at 12 / 7 respectively! I'll be planting these through weed membrane to try and maintain a little order! Last year was like a lawn of cucurbits not knowing what was whatSmile

Tidied the over wintered geraniums and put them outside in the yard.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 18-05-2021

After next door's computer lesson the sun was shining so changed and prepared to have the afternoon playing. Before I got out the door it chucked it down, and still is some time later. I don't think I'll be playing today. Sad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 18-05-2021

Dug out most of the raspberries and sundry weeds from a "bed". Not sure what will be planted there yet - a veg of some sort.
Planted 2 Santolina that have been in pots since last year and are desperate to feel wide open spaces with their roots.
Turned a big plastic box with a broken bottom corner into a courgette planter and planted 2 courgette plants in it - plenty more where those came from. Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 18-05-2021

Playing in the kitchen
A bit more work towards potting on chillies
Watered tunnels

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 18-05-2021

Moved the brassica cage to the next bed along, potted on a couple of cucs I'd missed yesterday.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 18-05-2021

Haven't done much today as we have a decorator in painting walls and ceiling, also had our oldest grandson down to pressure wash the slabs at the back door, he has never used a pressure washer before, so had to demonstrate how to use it, he will be down tomorrow to pressure wash the patio, which will be more of a challenge as his gran will be able to watch what he is doing and I can garuntee that I will be asked to go out and make sure he doesn't hurt himself, or everything similar, she really needs to let him learn how to do things for himself, once he has finished the pressure washing I want him to remove some wallpaper using a steamer, but while he is using that I will stay close by

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 18-05-2021

Lugged the tomato frame down from storage at the top of the garden to the bed where it's going up so MrPP could repair and erect it ready for me to start planting up while he's at work tomorrow, but he was sidetracked by something more interesting!!
Sorted out the first batch of aubergines, peppers and chillies for planting. Sieved compost in readiness.
Cut and put in pea sticks.
Picked the last of the broad beans.
Degunged the pond a bit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 19-05-2021

This was actually done the weekend before last, but we finally got around to connecting the conservatory guttering to the new water butt, as it needed to beĀ in place before the pergola was erected.

[attachment=2940]

It's not pretty, but it's already collected around 50 litres of water! (At a rough guess - the butt consists of three stacked containers, of 66 L each, and the first one is fairly close to full.) I was a bit worried about the slight u-bend, but clearly it's no obstacle Smile