Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-05-2021

Planted some red robin plants in the gaps of my privet hedge, also weeded the base of the hedge. Got 1/2 way then had to run, thunder, lightning and torrential rain.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 15-05-2021

Potted up 40 tomato seedlings - I'm a bit behind with these this year - they're tiny.
Also potted up 9 more courgettes from the old seed collection and 6 Buckles Black runner beans.
Spent most of my time weeding a patch by the rockery and clearing soil off the paving that leads to GH No 3. Found slabs I'd forgotten existed!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-05-2021

Sowed beetroot, basils and January King cabbage. Very rainy day forecast tomorrow so topped up the pond knowing the water butts will refill.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 15-05-2021

Worked
Potted up some rose cuttings
Sown seeds
Bob brought home lot of new toy he’s acquired (on permanent loan) so I’ve been playing with lots of them.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 16-05-2021

(07-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: Friday is for flowers so I went to Lidl to buy one of their special offer Pepino plants - but they didn't have any! So I went to Aldi who had even less plants but I did buy a potted Basil for 49p which has had a haircut and his cuttings are now in water.
Back home, I did some pruning of the Hardy Fuchsias, Hydrangea, a shrub that I've never named and a couple of apple trees. Pulled up lots of Cow parsley and cleared more of the "Garden near the house".
Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow so I should have brought the garden tools in..........but forgot!!!
You have inspired me with your tasks for specific days Veggie.

As you know I like a list and Wednesdays, going forward, will be weeding day(I don't do enough!). I will combine into this any striming, mowing, and general crap tidying that needs to be carried out at the plotSmileSmile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-05-2021

^^^ and if it rains on Wednesday? Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 16-05-2021

(16-05-2021, 11:55 AM)JJB Wrote: ^^^ and if it rains on Wednesday?  Smile
Will endeavour to get on with it Jen, I'm hoping/dreaming that we will get a bit of a let-up from the rain now! Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 16-05-2021

Squeezed a bunch more plants into the small border in our back garden. A clematis and a honeysuckle either side of an arch, a ceanothus, some hostas in the dire bit near the house. Potted on a few of my seedlings...more need attention though...eek...Got rained on here and there.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 16-05-2021

Got wet! Doing the garden shuffle rather than the greenhouse shuffle. Trying to put trays to harden off in the places where they will be least likely to be blown away or drowned.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 16-05-2021

I've been weeding the "rockery" which is a grand name for a pile of rocks that were heaped over the roots of a horrible conifer that was here when we moved in. The rocks have been remodelled frequently but, whatever shape they're in the bindweed and brambles find their way through.
Whilst I was doing that, helped by the chooks and dogs, all was well - but after putting the chooks back in their run, I realised that Spud was missing. Bess knew where he was, and so did Ted and, with their help I found him - in next door's garden, which, like mine, backs on to horse fields. He came to the fence when I called, and I hauled him over but he stank - fox with a dusting of horse manure!
He's been bathed and I'm just as wet as if I'd been in the sink with him!!