Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 14-05-2021

Sowed some old wallflower seed, potted on some giveaway tomatoes.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 14-05-2021

Pricked out 70 red iceberg lettuce and some flowers.
Mowed the front garden.
Planted out some flowers into the front garden.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 14-05-2021

I picked some kale and carrots for a friend, I also found my first ripe strawberry which was beautifully sweet, and I have another strawberry ripening
[attachment=2898]
[attachment=2899]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 15-05-2021

Went for an eye check today, and eye sight is still the same as it was at my last check on 2018, also took OH for a fish supper, as I have no money she had to payWink we then drove along the coast and parked looking out over the sea and ate our supper. Once finished we sat for a short time just enjoying the view, but before heading back home I thought I would collect some seaweed, after all there was quite a lot on the shore and it so happened that I had some bags with me, Rolleyes I get the feeling that OH thinks I only take her for a fish supper so that I can collect seaweed ConfusedBig Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 15-05-2021

(14-05-2021, 06:38 PM)JJB Wrote: Sowed some old wallflower seed, potted on some giveaway tomatoes.

I'm now goggling red icebergs, not met them before, thank for the nudge SC

(14-05-2021, 10:49 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I picked some kale and carrots for a friend, I also found my first ripe strawberry which was beautifully sweet, and I have another strawberry ripening
Ah but did you share your strawberry,  Can?  I have just the one ripening too, I'm in two minds whether to cut in half or not, well I did share the first pea pod, so I've got brownie points there. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 15-05-2021

(15-05-2021, 08:52 AM)JJB Wrote:
(14-05-2021, 10:49 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I picked some kale and carrots for a friend, I also found my first ripe strawberry which was beautifully sweet, and I have another strawberry ripening
Ah but did you share your strawberry,  Can?  I have just the one ripening too, I'm in two minds whether to cut in half or not, well I did share the first pea pod, so I'm got brownie points there. Smile
Hi JJB, no I didn’t share it, it was all mine for all my hard work. She can have the 2nd one that’s nearly ripe, it’s in better shape, mine had a few creases and didn’t look appetising (at least that’s what I’m saying Wink  )

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 15-05-2021

Cleared the last of the bolted leeks, leaving four for next year's seed. Normally I manage to freeze what we haven't eaten but missed the boat this year.
Planted out pumpkins and corn in the space with lots of compost so no doubt it will be a sea of nigella soon. Also noticed that the tomato seedlings that have come out of my homemade compost from when I potted the pumpkins on three weeks ago are taller than my fungus gnat ravaged proper tomatoes sown in February!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 15-05-2021

Went out in the gray and drizzle to plant out some annual flowers and peas that had been raised completely in the GH. It's all a bit sticky, but luckily not too swamped even with our persistent rain for the last couple weeks. Some new flowers waiting to be planted in the back garden and some tender things needing potting on in the GH later.

Passed on some giveaways, it's a blessing not to have to look after them. Set up bean net - nearly. I usually only use canes at each plant in rows but when I went to sow/plant peas earlier in the year I was embarrassed at the state of my pea netting, really tatty looking cheapo plastic stuff. So I bought some new more robust net. The peas are growing up the flimsy stuff happily so thought I would use the new stuff to support the CFBs, net one side canes the other. Got half way there then it chucked it down with rain. Not used net for climbing beans before, are there any pros or cons?