Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-05-2021

Planted lots of onions - maybe 150 and still more to do!!   Sometimes, these special offers can be a problem.Wink
Planted 12 Hunter CFBs  as a gamble.
Dug up weeds in a patch that has turned into a flower meadow - unintentionally.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 11-05-2021

Potted on a second batch of tomato seedlings.
Potted on the leeklings, just dropping the whole clump into a bigger pot with some fresh compost. They've stalled a little and I don't have the pots or compost for pricking out 200+ (or the inclination).
Weeded and mulched some of the soft fruit.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 11-05-2021

The sun was shining  Cool   so we emptied then pressure washed my GH,  just got everything back inside as the rain started. 
Its surprising how much those shelving  racks hold   Huh   but it all fitted back in again.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - doublyjonah - 11-05-2021

Kicked all the pots out of the house and into the GH due to an abundance of gnats. Good luck out there, plants.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 11-05-2021

Planted out a dozen Oregon suger snap peas which I have been hardening off for the last three weeks, hopefully they will be OK, I still have an other sixteen to plant out, but will hold them for a time till the overnight temperatures hold steady

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 12-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 09:03 PM)Spec Wrote: Planted out a dozen Oregon suger snap peas which I have been hardening off for the last three weeks, hopefully they will be OK, I still have an other sixteen to plant out, but will hold them for a time till the overnight temperatures hold steady

What temps are you getting overnight Spec?

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 12-05-2021

(12-05-2021, 10:07 AM)JJB Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 09:03 PM)Spec Wrote: Planted out a dozen Oregon suger snap peas which I have been hardening off for the last three weeks, hopefully they will be OK, I still have an other sixteen to plant out, but will hold them for a time till the overnight temperatures hold steady

What temps are you getting overnight Spec?

It still varies JJB, from 3 to 6 though last night we were up at 8°c and right now, though don't know actual temperature it was warm when I was outside working

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 12-05-2021

Cut some wood in preparation for making the raised bed for my daughter, then planted out 3 courgettes, some cauliflower and cabbages also planted some gladioli bulbs and daylily roots

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 12-05-2021

Potted on some chillies and house plants.
Did the direct sow list.
Started clearing the over winter tunnel bed of bolted stuff ready for the next lot of beans & peas.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 12-05-2021

Split a few Mint plants that were root bound - Atlas Mountain Mint, Eau de Cologne Mint and another one I can't remember. Turned each one into 4/6 new (free) plants.
Dug out dock and couch grass from the Rhubarb and Elephant Garlic patch. Its so overgrown I'm having trouble finding the rhubarb.