Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 10-05-2021

Dug four bags of manure into the Swede bed.....I might even get a decent one this year!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 10-05-2021

Sorted out my cuttings bench. Stopped faffing about and actually threw out everything that was dead! Planted the cuttings I acquired yesterday. Dug up some snakes heads fritillary and potted them up.
Potted on some chillies.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 10-05-2021

Set up a coldframe on top of my new self, then moved some courgettes, asters and marigolds both pot and French, I was nipping out the centres of the French marigolds and as the scent of them was quite strong, I decided to steep the tops in a jar of water to see if the scent will transfer into the water and if so I will try spraying some of my plants with the water, might help keep the bugs away

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 10-05-2021

Planted our loads of beetroot and turnips - all a bit small but I need the pots and everything is stagnating a little with the cool weather.
Planted out some lettuces in clumps straight from the seed tray.
Pricked out kales & red cabbage.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 10-05-2021

Planted out 25 tomatoes in greenhouse.

Cleared more weeds. Now have space for leeks and brassicas, Only french beans, squash/sweetcorn and courgettes to go.

Used some of my 'spare' pea seedlings to replace about 1.5' at end of one row massacred by slugs. Caught 13 of the **** last night.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-05-2021

Today is computer teaching morning nextdoor, we've not yet mastered using a mouse easily, I'm going to introduce a flying touchpad to see if that makes it easier - it's a a really slow process Smile and girly coffee afternoon, with a bit of gh inbetween I hope.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 11-05-2021

Please Miss, what's a flying touchpad?
You're doing a grand job, helping your neighbours like this. Thank you. Smile

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 10:03 AM)Veggie Wrote: Please Miss, what's a flying touchpad?
You're doing a grand job, helping your neighbours like this. Thank you. Smile

Might be a grand job but I'm beginning to regret it.  Problems are arising that we couldn't have foreseen at the beginning which are making life difficult, but we'll  soldier on.  He has trouble holding and controlling the mouse, but when he tried our laptop with an integral touchpad he seemed to be able to control the cursor with his finger ok, but the laptop idea was out because he couldn't use it without his wrist always touching the touch pad and causing chaos, so we went for an all in one computer with a small footprint and biggish screen.  This has keyboard and mouse obviously but as he is having trouble with the mouse I thought he might get on with a remote wired touchpad instead.  Flying because it is remote but wired.  I'll find out this morning when I take it over.  Each visit I come back spitting feathers for some reason or other.   Rolleyes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Perixx-PERIPAD-504-Wired-USB-Touchpad/dp/B07JM7FWR9/ref=asc_df_B07JM7FWR9/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=232003877238&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=289343226364599383&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007044&hvtargid=pla-824860661957&psc=1

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 11-05-2021

Planted out at the plot....

Garlic Chives, Chives, Lovage, Siberian Onions, and Leeks.

Leeks may be a tad little but hey let's see what happens.

Also cleared the area for the row of sunflowers (resowed sunflowers this morning!)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 11-05-2021

Sown seeds.
Uncovered tunnel bed.
Worked out which pots for which chilli
Planted out swede & radish (for seed pods)