Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 05-05-2021

Made up a hanging basket with tumbling Tom tomatoes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 05-05-2021

No gardening today apart from watering indoor plants and seedlings. Started day bricklaying my front steps, then it hail stoned. Met my new Grandson, then it hail stoned. Walked the dog then it hail stoned. Was just about to mix up another batch of mortar............then you guessed it, it hail stoned. Chucked stuff in wheelbarrow and said "sod it" Sitting in front of the wood burner now and its hail stoning again. Welcome to May 2021 Rolleyes

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 05-05-2021

Supervised the internet installation to our elderly housebound neighbours. Tomorrow is to start teaching them all about a mouse, keyboard and computer.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 05-05-2021

Planted out about 20 brassicas then sowed more of the same for the next generation. Still have Kohlrabi and kale to plant out.

Zebrune onions/shallots are in their final home too

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 05-05-2021

Wednesday is for Fruits and today's "fruit" are Peas.
Covered an old polytunnel frame with chicken wire to make a walk-in pea tunnel - with strawberries below and a couple of little cherry trees that are already there.
Sowed lots of Mangetout and tall Peas in modules - now sitting in the GH under a lid to keep out the meeces.
Many of the peas were old, so they're at the last chance saloon.

Mangetout - Bijou, Winterkefe and GoldenSweet
Peas - Telephone, Lord Leicester, Serpette Guilloteau, Colossal, Ultra U, Ne Plus Ultra.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 05-05-2021

Did the module part of the weekly sow list.
Pricked out cabbage earliest of all and greyhound, calabrese, early psb, Brussels red ball and early half tall.
Still fighting the fungus gnats.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-05-2021

(05-05-2021, 05:54 PM)JJB Wrote: Supervised the internet installation to our elderly housebound neighbours. Tomorrow is to start teaching them all about a mouse, keyboard and computer.
Well done JJB, such an admirable gesture by you for your elderly neighbours.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-05-2021

Bought myself a second hand quad for knocking around the garden and the bog. Will sell my old Massey now to some one who can restore her.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 06-05-2021

Put stakes in the spud bags to stop them folding in . Pricked out some flowers. Strimmed veggie garden.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 06-05-2021

Potted on aubergines and courgettes, then sown a few more parsnips to fill in gaps it looks like some from the first sowings have been munched Sad