Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 02-05-2021

Still frosts likely here for a couple of weeks yet so keeping most tender plants under fleece in a greenhouse.

Sorted out the plants I want and what my daughter wants and put most of the rest in the compost bin just keeping a few spares. Claimed a bit more ground back from the winter weeds. Unfortunately some dandelions have set seeds and buttercups about to flower. Need to prepare ground for squash/courgettes and sweetcorn, brassicas, carrots and beans.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 03-05-2021

Planted out the first batch of turnips, beetroot & radicchio plus more lettuces.
Planted a really good looking gooseberry from Aldi.
Cleared brassica stumps - the tops have been gone a week or so but it's nice to leave some roots for the voles!!
Sieved a load of compost.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 04-05-2021

(03-05-2021, 10:27 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Planted out the first batch of turnips, beetroot & radicchio plus more lettuces.
Planted a really good looking gooseberry from Aldi.
Cleared brassica stumps - the tops have been gone a week or so but it's nice to leave some roots for the voles!!
Sieved a load of compost.
You were busy PP taking photos and posting them on Instagram Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-05-2021

No posting until after midnight local time after three days off social media. Smile I didn't break the boycott!!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-05-2021

(04-05-2021, 08:54 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: No posting until after midnight local time after three days off social media. Smile I didn't break the boycott!!
Nor me - still haven't looked at FB - no rush. Wink

Yesterday, Monday was Roots day but rain stopped play so I only managed to sow some Bambino carrots in GH No. 2 where I found a couple of radish and a "past its best" beetroot for lunch.
Hoping for better weather today!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Scarlettkitten - 04-05-2021

I'm slowly dividing my tomato plants into their own pots. Then hoping to give them to anyone who wants one.

I've also moved a few of my herbs and chilli plants to our front door window. They seem to like the sun there. Slowly their getting bigger and seem to love their new hang out spot.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 04-05-2021

Replanted some gladioli bulbs that someone dug up . I’m blaming blackbird   Smile .

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-05-2021

Tuesday is Shoots Day but all I managed was digging up a few leeks before they bolt.
Moved the early tomatoes in their troughs into final positions on the shelf in GH No.2 - covered them with plastic sheet tonight, just in case.
Potted up 20+ courgettes from my multisowing of old seeds - still more to come! Gave away 6 plants - that's a start.
Planted out 3 rooted Apple Mint cuttings and took 7 more. I have a vague plan to grow sturdy herbs like mint and lemon balm on the paths - tough enough to walk on and smelling great when you do.
Accidentally took a redcurrant cutting - now in a jam jar on the window sill, alongside the Apple Mint.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-05-2021

Planted out the first haricot which always feels like summer must be just around the corner Smile
Planted out more lettuces.
Chopped out another 17 bamboo shoots from the hedge to stop it escaping into the ditch.
Weeded out some bramble & blackthorn from a bank which is supposed to be wildflowers. And cut back bramble around the perimeter- it's a balance between being able to cut the grass without being ripped by thorns and getting fruit!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 05-05-2021

Dug up and re-homed some self-seeded land cress that was growing in what will be my brassica bed.