Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 30-04-2021

Potted up my new peony & polianthes tuberosa that arrived today.
Weeded the front garden. Found some poppy & lupin seedlings.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 01-05-2021

I collected an other 3 bags of seaweed today, but before that I moved the bird feeder, I had been out for a walk and when I returned I went up the back and as I moved up there must have been 17 or 18 pigeons took flight from the back grass, so thought I had better move the feeder, it is now hanging from one of the trees in the boundary hedge, and any spillage falls into a drainage ditch, which is dry just now so the pigeons can feed there, I have also utalised a wrot iron type of half basket which prevents the large birds getting in and spilling everything

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 01-05-2021

Saturday is Wild Card Day when I do whatever takes my fancy (and its not Naked gardening).
In between rain showers I continued clearing the "close to the house" garden, digging up buttercups mainly and straightening the path to make it easier for wheelbarrowing.
Also found some old Jiffy pellets which are thinking about expanding and I'll sow something in them later as an experiment.

EDIT - Sowed 12 of Scarlet's Mystery beans - 3 of 4 different types.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 01-05-2021

Some improvements to our water supply. Weeded all the paths between veg beds.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 01-05-2021

Planted out peas yesterday and today but 2' wire mesh netting round them to keep off the pigeons. Planted out my seed potatoes - for seed potatoes next year and then started to clear an area for the squashes and sweetcorn.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 01-05-2021

Redone my irrigation system, planted out some tomatoes bell peppers chillis gherkins marigolds and nasturtiums. Also planted a passion fruit vine in the tunnel. Tomorrow I’d outdoor planting

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 02-05-2021

Potted on tomatoes and courgettes. Trying to get my head round how many I want to keep and how many to give away. Not really succeeding. Also trying to cull those little baby things that aren't thriving as much as their brothers and sisters. Not easy as I take pity on them and hate to throw them away but try to nurture them, not with a great deal of success though.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 02-05-2021

Sunday is another Wild Card Day. Actually, I should call it Wild Card Weekend and not try to explain it!
Cleaned out the chooks and added their bedding to MrGreedy, as well as a bucketful of garlic mustard, white comfrey and Cow parsley - all spreading far too much for my liking.
Night temperatures look a little higher this week so I've gambled on planting 5 tomatoes in the GH border. They've been in the GH for a couple of weeks now, covered at night with a double sheet of plastic. If the temperature drops, I can still cover them individually.
For the record, before I forget, there's a Maskotka, Latah, Oregon Spring and another one of one of those (lost label Wink) and one that could be Black Icicle or summat else as I muddled up the seeds when I saved them.Smile
Labelling is not one of my talents. Wink

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 02-05-2021

I planted 3 Cavolo Nero, 3 brocoli and 2 Cauliflower outside covered them with netting. I planted 6 sunflower seedlings in the patio raised flower bed. Watered all the plants in the tunnel. No frost or low temperatures due tonight but I still closed window and door, but left off the fleeces fingers crossed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 02-05-2021

Yesterday I potted on Courgettes then today Cucs, Marjoram and most of my Kales.